Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi

Hello peeps

Getting my first Surf tomorrow (3L 3rd Gen TD) and can't wait to pick it up.

Been a toyota freak for most of my driving life (First gen Rav 4, Landcruiser, Celica, Supra, Corolla to name a few i've had)

Look forward to reading posts and joining in the banter.

If there's any other owners in East Yorks, feel free to get in touch and perhaps we could meet up sometime.

Rob (Tootall)

Hello Rob, welcome, seems you've been overlooked a bit, post some pics of the truck when you get it
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Hello there welcome on board, enjoy your stay. Sorry I missed you, I don't get on here much.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        I don't get on here much.
        BUSHWHACKER
        petrol user.

Vehicle: Lexurf 4.0 V8. & 2.7 3rd gen.

Welcome Rob!! don't believe all they say ......

Comment

Live south of your border M8 ! have regular meetings at Market Weighton, Beverley,Hull, driffield and pocklington, so Welcome to the surf emporium of knowledge !
          Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Thanks for the welcome.

Well i've got her - and i've got to say so far i'm over the moon with it. Cost me about £60 to fill up so will be interesting to see how far that gets me.

One question - Car didn't have an owners manual - where could i get one?

Also what the heck is the ECT Power button for?

Sorry if thats a dumb question, but i've never come accross this before and as i have no manual...

I'm sure i'll have more questions later, but will post those in the relevant forum places!

Cheers

PS - John h let me know if you're ever about in Bev - thats where i am so feel free to call in for a cuppa and a chat

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell View Post
              BUSHWHACKER
              petrol user.

Vehicle: Lexurf 4.0 V8. & 2.7 3rd gen.

Welcome Rob!! don't believe all they say ......
              damn post whores ,and hi rob

Comment

ECT is a kind of power or sport mode for the auto transmission, when pressed in the engine revs higher in each gear for faster acelleration or for when driving up long hills. The fuel tank will empty faster as a result though.
                There isn't really a specific owners manual available unless you can read Japanese. Haynes do one for the 4runner diesel but the turbo and EFI system isn't covered.
                A lot of the usual info you're most likely to need can be found on here as well as this website.........
                http://toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/
                Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 6 June 2009, 13:12.

Comment

awesome info - cheers guys

Comment

Hi rob, i see that your using your head & getting the more superior 3rd gen. "awaiting grilling".

Welcome & enjoy your stay.
                    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                      Hi rob, i see that your using your head & getting the more superior 3rd gen. "awaiting grilling".

Welcome & enjoy your stay.

If I'm honest I prefer driving the 3rd gen, it's feels much more refined. Must be the slightly longer wheel base and struts on the front.

Comment

Hi Rob, welcome to the asylum - just remember that some of the people in white coats are inmates !

Great choice (Should have gone for the intercooler though !) but the important question is:

What colour is it ?????

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

No one has mentioned yeti,hedgehog or squirell yet.no wonder the bobble hats detest us..they think we kill wildlife !!

anyway never mind all that, welcome dear boy.......and most of all dont worry about the above mentioned worry about surfenstein...he lifts other gentlemans shirts.
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

it's the BURGUNDY RED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tootall View Post
                              it's the BURGUNDY RED!!!!
                              shame

Comment

Working...
                              X