Glass Saga Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass Saga Help!!!

Well the drivers side glass came and I thought "sod it" I'll fit it myself. Proudly I looked at my work and thought that'll save me a few quid. Strange thing is now, when I wind the window up on auto, it goes halfway back down again. Have tried unplugging sensor cables and can then manually operate buttons. As soon as sensors are plugged back in the same thing happens. Have tried re seating sensor cables with window in all positions, with ignition onn and off! Still no joy!!! Any of you boffins got a clue?

Cheers

Martin
    Nil illegitimi carborundum

Originally posted by Ace Piker
    Well the drivers side glass came and I thought "sod it" I'll fit it myself. Proudly I looked at my work and thought that'll save me a few quid. Strange thing is now, when I wind the window up on auto, it goes halfway back down again. Have tried unplugging sensor cables and can then manually operate buttons. As soon as sensors are plugged back in the same thing happens. Have tried re seating sensor cables with window in all positions, with ignition onn and off! Still no joy!!! Any of you boffins got a clue?

Cheers

Martin
    Martin.

I think you probably need to check the position that you have the glass in. I am pretty sure that the motor has a injury safety feature (bit like the release button on the sunroof) which means that if it thinks it has hit an object (childs head etc) it will drop down again. You will probably find that it is finding it difficult to close in one place and thinks it has hit an object.

This was the case on my Ford Galaxy anyway when I got broken into, problem was the glass was not seated in the track that holds it at the bottom far enough so when it closed it hit the top before it though it should have done.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks

Cheers Andy, will keep trying and let you know. I did think the same, but nothing I do seems to work. I guess it's a job for when I have a spare couple of hours this weekend. well Sunday as I'm working at Chelsea v Leeds on Saturday
      Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Working...
      X