31" tyre pressures...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 31" tyre pressures...

Been flicking through the US 4runner manual. States that 31" x 10.5 tyres should be 26 front, 29 rear.

A fair bit lower in the front than most seem to run here ( ~30 - 32 )

Shame it doesn't give loaded or m'way pressures....

Rob.
    Attached Files

33psi always, never a problem what ever speed/weather. (GG a/t's)

Comment

What made me think about this was when I had my GG at's swapped onto my rims... They stuck in around 36 lb's and the truck felt terrible. Really skittish and hard. I dropped them back to 30 after searching here and it felt much better..

I only came across this info as I'm getting an alignment done and needed the official info to take with me in case they play up there.

I'm going to drop my tyres down to these pressures tomorrow and see how it feels. - got to set the torsion bars perfect before the alignment so will be interesting to see how the ride feels.

Rob.

Comment

I increased from 30 to 33psi when I noticed the tyres were wearing faster on the inside and outside edges (front and rear) than the centres. They are wearing evenly now and the tread looks 'square' i.e. flat.

Comment

Hmmm the plot thickens....

Maybe I'll try the 'wet floor drive over cardboard' thingy and see how the tread looks at different pressures...

Cheers,
          Rob.

Comment

32 front and rear for normal use, 36 at the rear if heavy loading. That's what I always stick to.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              I increased from 30 to 33psi when I noticed the tyres were wearing faster on the inside and outside edges (front and rear) than the centres. They are wearing evenly now and the tread looks 'square' i.e. flat.
              Same here - my BFG A/T's were wearing the same way (outside edges) but mainly the front.
              My 31" A/T's are rated at a max pressure of 40psi. I read somewhere recently on here (tyre bible??) that you should run tyres at 10% less than max as a start point so 36psi should be a good guide.
              Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Tried the 26psi thing today and it didn't feel too great....

Going back to 30 I think.

Rob.

Comment

Working...
                X