• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint yr 1st gen with a roller

lol,i thought wtf,but he seems happy lol
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2066809/18

Looks fine to me.

Comment

That does look pretty good, and by the time he's run it through a few trees etc you'd probably never tell it was rolled on..

Rob.

Comment

While I was surfing around, reading up on rust converters and chassis paints I stumbled upon a VW camper van forum. There was a lengthy thread on roller painting, with lots of pics and details about the type of paint. Some of the finishes on show were very impressive , and to be honest Ive seen worse sins committed by enthusiastic amateurs with spray guns, and some by less than enthusiastic professionals with spray guns.

Bogus
        Сви можемо

Comment

so wot would be best and easiest to use underneath the car wax oil or is there something better. need to do both my cars this summer

Comment

Looks great, much better than my STF (scratched to f**k) current paint job!

Have been semi-seriously thinking about a desert sand rollered job, as per many of the trucks that pass through me for test. They look great. Matt, but great. And I dont want gloss sand cos the ragheads will spot me...
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I think it looks great to be honest... I like the yellow...
              One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                bout a desert sand rollered job, as per many of the trucks that pass through me for test. They look great. Matt, but great. And I dont want gloss sand cos the ragheads will spot me...
                Satin perhaps?

Comment

Looks good to me, i've brush painted a car before useing that paint from the car shop, i think it was called "repaint" formulated for brush application, did'nt come out too bad either, dont think they make it anymore tho.
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

It's the prepping and attention between coats which makes the difference. A well done brush paint job can be impossible to tell from a good spray job.

Comment

I did a brush and mini roller paint job when I rebuilt my old Series IIA Land Rover a few years ago and it came out far better than I was expecting. Take your time and you should get a good finish. I had the paint custom mixed by a local paint shop.
                      Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                        It's the prepping and attention between coats which makes the difference. A well done brush paint job can be impossible to tell from a good spray job.

Very true, in the olden days (when i was a lad) it was all "coach painting"
                        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                          Very true, in the olden days (when i was a lad) it was all "coach painting"
                          Damn right , and you had to be careful not get any paint on the horses

Bogus
                          Сви можемо

Comment

Working...
                          X