Need Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Parts

My tyre just shredded, and I need a few new parts.

New rear drivers chrome bumber corner.
    New red wheel arch.
    New drivers side step and mounting bracket.

The tread seperated from the tyre in the outside lane of the m40, and then a metre of rubber that was still attached acted like some sort of spinning rubber morning star to destroy the wheel arch and bumper of the surf, scratch the paint up, and bend the step.

I know there's a parts section, but I thought I'd try here as nobody looks there often.

Oh yeah, if you are driving on the M40, between J8 and 9 you might notice the remains of a red wheel arch from a surf. That's mine.

I might be able to swap a luggage cover for some or all of these bits.

Hope no one was hurt . A rear tyre blow out is more dangerous then front as can throw you accross the road .

Was it just pure tyre failure or faulty tyre ? . May pay to check the rest of them if same make/age/condition .

Rick
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

It was the spare that was on it when I bought it.

It had never been used, so I put it on the wheel. I bought a new matching one to go on the other side, and then put the best used as the spare.

I don't know how long it was sitting on the back of the surf for when I bought it - so it may have perished or past it's use by date or something.

But, it was brand new - there were still lines round the tyre to show that it had never been used.
      It's a Dunlop Grand Treck TG28, I'm not sure how long Dunlop have been making these, so I don't know how old it could be.

I'm going to give Dunlop a call later and see what they say, although I think I can guess.

Comment

Originally posted by rob88

It had never been used, so I put it on the wheel. I bought a new matching one to go on the other side, and then put the best used as the spare.

I don't know how long it was sitting on the back of the surf for when I bought it - so it may have perished or past it's use by date or something.

But, it was brand new - there were still lines round the tyre to show that it had never been used.
        It's a Dunlop Grand Treck TG28, I'm not sure how long Dunlop have been making these, so I don't know how old it could be.

I'm going to give Dunlop a call later and see what they say, although I think I can guess.
        Dunlop still make them and Toyota, Nissan eyt use them as factory fit tyres, so chances are it was the original.
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

i had a front wheel blow out on the M40.... must be cursed!

mine reduced the wheel to a mangled piece of tin... ripped out all the plastic trim (wheel arch, mud flaps, side repeater etc) and thoroughly made me scared! as mark G8AWO would say... i nearly soiled my toga!
          luckily it was a quiet day as i swerved across 3 lanes and dug some nice big holes in the tarmac! bit scary seeing the sales boys swerving round a truck tyre in the fast lane too!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by rob88

Dunlop Grand Treks?That's wot I've got on mine,need to watch my right foot from now on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!