Fitting Front Brake Pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting Front Brake Pads

Following the advisory that I recieved, when I had the Surf in for the steering recall, I thought I'd fit the new pads this morning.

An hours job, tops, you'd say? Hell no! The back calipers where siezed on the offside. I had to strip them down then take them into work and put them on the press to free them off. I also took the opportunity to paint some more of the chassis etc while the wheels were off.

Guess what happened when I moved onto the nearside? Yes, the rears were also siezed! Now I know what you're thinking, "Why didn't the numpty strip down both sides at once and check all the calipers at the same time?"

Well, the answer is I live in the eternal hope that sh!t only happens once a day. A little niave perhaps, but it gets me through the day.

Anyhoo I've got to start all over again tomorrow, so keep your fingers crossed that the rain holds off for me.

To anyone who is considering doing the pads themselves, get stuck in. They really are a doodle as long as the pots on the calipers are free.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

You'll have the weather for it sunday.

If you get real pi##ed off, and the hammers about to go thru the windscreen, gimme a shout. dillbut@hotmail.co.uk

Comment

BACK CALIPERS ? Have you got REAR DISKS ?
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky View Post
        BACK CALIPERS ? Have you got REAR DISKS ?
        He's talking about the inner caliper pistons.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by blakarm View Post
          You'll have the weather for it sunday.

If you get real pi##ed off, and the hammers about to go thru the windscreen, gimme a shout. dillbut@hotmail.co.uk
          Thanks for the offer mate but all done now.

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
          He's talking about the inner caliper pistons.

Nev
          Cheers Nev. I just knew someone would pick up on my losely termed description.
          'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Working...
          X