Mazda Dealer durrrrr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazda Dealer durrrrr

I thought I would treat my new banger to a 'proper' service at my local Mazda dealer to preserve the manufacturer service history.

So, last week, I booked it in, took it there in the morning and asked when it would be ready. "Today" says the service manager "splendid" said I. I went back at 6 that same night and explained I had come to get it (to the same man). Blank look and much rummaging of paper. "It's green" I said. Long blank look, then "it's not done". They ordered the filters for the wrong ancient weird Mazda but thought they'd wait until I'd gone five miles (on public transport) out of my way to go and get it before telling me.

I asked if they could do it before the weekend so I could pick it up on Saturday and he said yes. On thursday, I got the call "it's done". "Splendid" I said, "I will get it on saturday". Cue mumbling and eventual agreement to leave the keys with sales if service was closed.

Got the keys on Saturday, got the car, drove home. Once home, I looked at the invoice. They had knocked fifty quid off for messing me around. Fair play, very good. They had also attached the checklist for the 'vehicle health check', which informed me that my brakes were dangerous and required immediate attention before driving.

Yesterday, I called them and said it was odd that they'd written that, but that they hadn't charged me for pads or discs. Cue more shuffling of paper. "We didn't do it". "Isn't the idea that you find things wrong with it and then charge me over the odds to fix it before I take it home?" I asked "yes" said the man "bring it back and we'll do it for 350 quid". I dropped it in to the tyre place over the road from me this morning. All done now, half the price, no hassle.

And people wonder why car manufacturers are in trouble.....

I hate taking my motors to a garage, on my last MOT they forgot to put the dipstick back in.

Good job i checked it when i got home, made a right mess of the engine bay though.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
      I hate taking my motors to a garage, on my last MOT they forgot to put the dipstick back in.
      Couldn't you get back in under your own steam?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
        Buddumtish!

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
          How did i know that was coming.
          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
            I thought I would treat my new banger to a 'proper' service at my local Mazda dealer to preserve the manufacturer service history.

So, last week, I booked it in, took it there in the morning and asked when it would be ready. "Today" says the service manager "splendid" said I. I went back at 6 that same night and explained I had come to get it (to the same man). Blank look and much rummaging of paper. "It's green" I said. Long blank look, then "it's not done". They ordered the filters for the wrong ancient weird Mazda but thought they'd wait until I'd gone five miles (on public transport) out of my way to go and get it before telling me.

I asked if they could do it before the weekend so I could pick it up on Saturday and he said yes. On thursday, I got the call "it's done". "Splendid" I said, "I will get it on saturday". Cue mumbling and eventual agreement to leave the keys with sales if service was closed.

Got the keys on Saturday, got the car, drove home. Once home, I looked at the invoice. They had knocked fifty quid off for messing me around. Fair play, very good. They had also attached the checklist for the 'vehicle health check', which informed me that my brakes were dangerous and required immediate attention before driving.

Yesterday, I called them and said it was odd that they'd written that, but that they hadn't charged me for pads or discs. Cue more shuffling of paper. "We didn't do it". "Isn't the idea that you find things wrong with it and then charge me over the odds to fix it before I take it home?" I asked "yes" said the man "bring it back and we'll do it for 350 quid". I dropped it in to the tyre place over the road from me this morning. All done now, half the price, no hassle.

And people wonder why car manufacturers are in trouble.....
            the thing is though, i would go mental if i took my car into a garage for an oil change, and it come out with new brakes, new oil and new this n that. i dont like those sorts of surprises.
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post

Good job i checked it when i got home, made a right mess of the engine bay though.
              i suppose thats not as bad as forgetting to put oil in.
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                the thing is though, i would go mental if i took my car into a garage for an oil change, and it come out with new brakes, new oil and new this n that. i dont like those sorts of surprises.
                So would I. Actually, I wouldn't, I just wouldn't pay. They normally phone you and tell you that you're going to die if you put the keys in the ignition without giving them more money. This lot forgot to even do that, so genuinely checked it out for me and then let me go on my merry way somewhere cheaper. I'm not annoyed about it at all, but what a bunch of fools.

Comment

main dealers are more expensive as they are supposed to be the professionals and have all the right equipment to maintain said vehicle.

of course it goes wrong sometimes and some dealers are no better than anyone else.

there are good and bad dealers and also back street garages, its just finding a good one and sticking with them.

personally i do it all myself, at least i can trust myself to do the job properly.

i learn as i go to and it helps to understand everything better.

that said if you had complained or made a strong point to the service or dealer manager then i bet you would have got your money back or at least a better deal.

Comment

Working...
                  X