Cherry picker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cherry picker

Anyone know if I need a license to hire one or a scissor lift?
    Trust your Hound.

Originally posted by Taliesins View Post
    Anyone know if I need a license to hire one or a scissor lift?

Yes you need a license
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Unsure about a licence - but depends on location of work. if in a public place you would need some kind of certificate of competence and public liability insurance - but if on private premises - fill your boots!!

I have been trained at work to drive a JLG / MEWP but this was only a half hour familiarisation course for my employers insurance needs.

I have in the past hired and self driven a mini digger ( to dig my foundations) without the need to provide any paperwork so would imagine the same for a cherry picker.
      At the end of the day - the hire company should know the score with regards permits/licences.
      Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

i have a MEWP licence wanna borrow mine.if i remember correctly you need a licence to work on commercial premises,but you dont need one to hire for private use.i.e at home.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Cheers chaps it is for private use. I need to prune some large trees in the garden which have got a bit high.
          Trust your Hound.

Comment

It may be cheaper hiring a long handled chainsaw thingy or lopper!
            Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

the certificate you would have needed is an IPAF card and harness training! i would get a cheery picker but not a stright boom the other one as get in more places with one of them! you get shown how to use when you hire it! off roading in one of them is amazing! and damn scary!

they must be big trees!
              http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy77 View Post
                cheery picker
                ..like this?

Comment

I have a counterbalance forklift truck licence.

I know it's not what you're looking for. Just thought I'd say
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Just get one from Planet platforms at Ossett drive all over your neighbours garden, knock a few chimney pots off !! get your photo in the Yorkshire Post ........just like my brother-in-law at Horbury !
                    Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Working...
                    X