Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre size help

Hi Peeps

My Surf needs new boots. I'm thinking of putting BF AT's on, currently my tyre size is 267/70 R16. I saw a piece on the 4x4 web about commercial tyres BF Traction TA's they only come in 265/75 R16. Anyone know if the extra 5 on the profile will cause a problem? I can get a good discount on commercial tyres and the Traction TA's have a similar tread pattern & depth to the AT's!

Cheers

Martin
    Nil illegitimi carborundum

tyres

hiya m8 the bf goodrich at comes in 265 70 16 as well but there so hard to get hold of ayt the moment i tried for weeks and was told there on back order . i was quoted silly money for them 160 quid a tyre at one place soi gave in and got yoko geolanders wich im very pleased with . if you put the 265 75 16 on apparently you will have to do a little bit of cutting with a dremmel so ive been told
    black n tan
    black n tan
    yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Piker
      Hi Peeps

My Surf needs new boots. I'm thinking of putting BF AT's on, currently my tyre size is 267/70 R16. I saw a piece on the 4x4 web about commercial tyres BF Traction TA's they only come in 265/75 R16. Anyone know if the extra 5 on the profile will cause a problem? I can get a good discount on commercial tyres and the Traction TA's have a similar tread pattern & depth to the AT's!

Cheers

Martin
      Martin.

Have a look here, it will show you the overall diameter of various sizes of tyre.

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/tyre_size_calculator.htm
      Cheers

Comment

Hey Sly

http://www.4x4accessoriesandtyres.co..._goodrich.html

These guys quoted me £423 for a set of 4 AT's delivered! Take your point about the dremmel though, of course the 5 actually means an extra 10cm overall!

Just had a call and my window glass is finally here too! Looks like my luck is changing.......

Comment

of course the 5 actually means an extra 10cm overall!
          I'm no tyre expert, but I think your 10cm is a bit off the mark!

As I understand it - the profile figure (70 and 75) is a percentage of the the tyre width.

Therefore, 70% of 267 is 186.9mm and 75% of 265 is 198.75mm... a differnece of 11.85mm.

The diameter of the 265/75s would be 23.7mm more than the 267/70s.

However, I don't know whether this increase would cause a problem.... my £*%&!$ surf is still on the boat from Japan!
          Never argue with an idiot... they drag you down to their level - then beat you with experience!!

Comment

I think the biggest you can get away with is 31 10.5 x 15's. I have used BFG AT's exclusively on my car as it spends a lot of time in feilds and they are great. The lack of wear on the road is extrordinary. I have easy clocked 45000kms and still have enough meat for the mud left. BFG's may not be the cheapest but they are certainly very cost effective in the long term. Best bit clearly though is they look cool too!

Will

Comment

Tyres

Thanks everyone. I have bitten the bullet and eagerly await delivery of my AT's. Local tyre fitters all said they couldn't get them so have ordered them from 4x4 accessories £423 inc vat delivered. I agree with Westy, not only are they good (I have them on an old Landcruiser) but they look cool too!

Comment

Thanks everyone. I have bitten the bullet and eagerly await delivery of my AT's. Local tyre fitters all said they couldn't get them so have ordered them from 4x4 accessories £423 inc vat delivered. I agree with Westy, not only are they good (I have them on an old Landcruiser) but they look cool too!

You wont be disappointed,,, I LOVE mine - had them on nearly a year now, terrific on the road, fantastic off road, been 12000 miles on them and still look like new!!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Hi Peeps

Cheers

Martin
                  265x75x16 will catch your arches mate
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

yep

get ya grinder out m8 or whip it round to tony lol
                    black n tan
                    black n tan
                    yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                      265x75x16 will catch your arches mate

Gona have fun on the moor romp m8, that is the size of my mt's.

Fish
                      If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

no good on a 2nd gen surf offroad with standard suspension
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                        (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                        X