Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic Warranties - ha ha ha.

OK folks - word up....

If you have an extended warranty with Olympic Warranties, be aware they are not happy to pay money out.

IF your problem is NOT explicitly listed in the 'this is covered' section then forget it, even if it isnt listed in the 'excluded' list.

IF it could be wear and tear, forget it.

IF it could have been a fault before you got it / the warranty was taken out, forget it.

IF the vehicle hasnt been serviced as per the makers instructions -Forget it.

IF its ANY TYPE OF SENSOR - forget it.

Ive just had a TDS - timing drive(?) SENSOR go on the megane.... see the problem? got the word sensor in it. Not covered. I phoned to ask why, and got the 'its a sensor, we dont cover sensors' speach - when I asked where it said such in the cover book I was told 'it doesnt, it tells you what IS covered' and technically no sensors are mentioned, you see.

Well, what a piece of luck for Olympic Warranties. - I'm going to the trading Standards people (ha fat hope) but at least they live in the next office to me at work, so I can speak to them.

So, just be aware, folks....
    If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

if the warranty isn't given then I don't bother signing for nothing, paying extra for rubbish cover sums it up, its just a scam to get more cash out of you, I would be contacting the makers if this is a less than 3 year old vehicle to see what they say, anyway I wouldn't buy froggy anything. H

Comment

All warranties are scams!
      It's as good as admitting their products are crap if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        All warranties are scams!
        Pretty much sums it up. It's a quick profit earner for the sellers. Even if you have extremely crappy luck, rarely will any repairs carried out via a repair warranty cost as much as the warranty did|does.

Comment

never buy a megane,end of,worst car on our books for breakdowns,and id never buy a car from a garage,end of

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
            never buy a megane,end of,worst car on our books for breakdowns,and id never buy a car from a garage,end of
            agreed, they a ugly looking things too...
            Landcruiser Colorado
            Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by andycook View Post
              agreed, they a ugly looking things too...
              so many electrical faults its a joke,it really is,best one on new shape ones is if yr battery goes flat,u put it on charge or jump it,they are known to release handbrake when u put charge thru battery,flat key card?oh u wont get steering lock off lol,and if auto u wont get it out of park lol

Comment

I looked at getting a warranty for my MG and was offered one that covered most things other than the electric radiator fan and variable intake system. Guess what things mostly go wrong on that type of MG.....I asked them if they would cover those too, still waiting for the call back they promised.

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                  so many electrical faults its a joke,it really is,best one on new shape ones is if yr battery goes flat,u put it on charge or jump it,they are known to release handbrake when u put charge thru battery,flat key card?oh u wont get steering lock off lol,and if auto u wont get it out of park lol

You said "end of"

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    You said "end of"
                    yup,that ok?innit?

Comment

what about them renault grand espace?... the new shape (03 onwards)... my mate wants me to take him and look at one on saturday!
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

i concur, its crap

YEP, MISTAKE BUYING IT. its ok for the 2 year old with carseat -plenty of space and adjustments for seats etc. but yeah its just pretty crap. ah well, didnt cost much, the wife dont care, and i drive a surf. END OF!
                        If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Working...
                        X