Rear Windows, the ups and downs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Windows, the ups and downs.

My rear window stopped working the other day, just before I had to pick the wife, daughter and suitcases from the station. Had to put them through the passenger door and over the back seat. The cases, not the ladies. Spent a few hours scrambling about in the back taking connections apart, cleaning, putting back together and retrying with key and inside switch, no joy. Had to put the hedge trimmings in through the sidedoor. Then this morning driving to work thought I would press the down switch and it started working again. Is there a way of checking all the working parts of the rear window mechanism so it doesn't chuck its hand in so regular. Its about the 3rd time I have had to sort it out on the 10 months I have the Surf.
    Last edited by Hi-sider; 13 May 2009, 10:03.

dooes everything elseat the back work? Pull the side panel off in the passengers front foot well there are multi plugs there and they can become loose, give them a push together and a wiggle.
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

If when it works, it works fine with no problems from the motor, I wouls hazzard a guess that it is indeed a loose connection/poor earth of some type.
      There is a relay box that controls the operation of the window, so it's possible that there is a dry joint on the PCB in there.
      I'm sure some one with a deeper and more technical knowlege will be along soon to elabourate.
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

And make sure you have not pressed the window lock buton on the drivers side arm rest.
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

and make sure the rear wiper is properly parked
          Сви можемо

Comment

Working...
          X