Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed test..2

p!ssed off..

overall the truck did ok - pair of upper ball joints and the exhaust flexi pipe blowing.

But when i got there, the guy was like "oh you got big problems" ..here we go i thought, had big problems with the cossie this time last week, this is all i need..!!

He was on about front brakes binding when on full lock, and the CV joints making "hell of a noise", "sounds like the front diff is knackered an all". 1st thing i asked was had he had the 4WD selected for any reason..?? "no, no, we dont mess around with things like that" law an behold when i jump in to go home the little green light was on..wound up is an understatement..!! an im not on about my transmission

feels good to vent tho..

Originally posted by an1mal_69 View Post
    p!ssed off..

overall the truck did ok - pair of upper ball joints and the exhaust flexi pipe blowing.

But when i got there, the guy was like "oh you got big problems" ..here we go i thought, had big problems with the cossie this time last week, this is all i need..!!

He was on about front brakes binding when on full lock, and the CV joints making "hell of a noise", "sounds like the front diff is knackered an all". 1st thing i asked was had he had the 4WD selected for any reason..?? "no, no, we dont mess around with things like that" law an behold when i jump in to go home the little green light was on..wound up is an understatement..!! an im not on about my transmission

feels good to vent tho..
    Oooo go for it Nik - not havin much luck with MOT's at the mo are you.
    How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

nope..its hurting this month too

x2 MOTs
      x2 Taxes
      x4 tyres

amongst other bits..getting there tho

Comment

nope..its hurting this month too

x2 MOTs
        x2 Taxes
        x4 tyres

amongst other bits..getting there tho
        Ouch - mines in Aug tax an MOT same day
        How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

...ooh..bad luck...

...seriously think I will disable my 4wd prior to the MOT.... now that I have identified a plug that causes it not to work...I'll just unplug that .

Comment

Mines due in August as well. I,ve got the prayer mat out of the loft, just got to dust it off ready for use. (I like to get things ready early, no last minute rushes)
            I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

Originally posted by Ava_Banana View Post
              ...ooh..bad luck...

...seriously think I will disable my 4wd prior to the MOT.... now that I have identified a plug that causes it not to work...I'll just unplug that .
              thats a great idea mate, save any worries then..

I have a decent audio install in the truck, when i picked it up the facia was off and not anywhere obvious. So i went back into the garage thinking they may have taken it in as a precaution. No one knew where it was, then the young lad piped up.. "errr..it 'fell off' when i was switching it off" I found it under the seat..!!

Comment

p!ssed off..

feels good to vent tho..
                what an ar5e i think next time put a blonde wig and short skirt on and it will fly through!!!!

did you put your upper ball joints on? im having a bit of trouble trying to get mine off! waiting to get a scissor seperator all else has failed!
                http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

not yet..ordered them yesterday, so its a job for tomoz i think, as well as rebuilding the cossie. Should have them both done over the wkend.

Yea, the splitter that you wind, rather than the forked one is the best bet. Was gonna fit BJ spacers whilst i was at it, but cant afford the re-alignment at the minute so ill leave that for a while

Hopefully the new joints will eliminate my 40mph wheel wobble..lol

Comment

you should have taken the truck to the mot station by me, it WOULD have passed.....................he takes it past time into consideration, if it's a family run around then hes thourogh and lienient on off roaders.
                    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

ball joints all sorted they were knackered..my 40mph wheel wobble has subsided too, fancy that.!! Got them from Milners, and they came with no nuts and bolts..my only gripe.

Did notice however, where the O/S/F driveshaft goes into the diff, the CV joint seems loose entering the diff, like the bearing has gone on the diff casing..?? Im guessing this isnt normal..?? Theres no oil leak however, so its still maintaining a seal.

If Lord Lucan sorts me out an exhaust flexi pipe, we're legal again..bargain.

Comment

Working...
                      X