Refurbing Aisin hubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refurbing Aisin hubs

One of my hubs is point blank refusing to turn all the way to the 'lock' position so I'm going to take them off and refurb them on sat hopefully.
    I've found a couple of how to's online.

Anyone who has done this got any tips?

As it will not lock be prepared for it to FLY apart on removal .......there is a spring in there so bits might go every where including bits you might need to retain for the refurb
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

I have stripped and cleaned them before , no real problem . Just note how they come apart or they wont lock in properly when you try them. I did 1 of Koi's for him as someone had put together incorrectly and would not lock .
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I've done a few now and I think the only bits that might go flying are the little ball bearing and spring that sit in the edge of the "dial" to act as a detent. Other than that, as Rick said, it's a fairly simple job if you are methodical.
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Well I have been completely up to my neck in it at the moment with no time and was moaning about need ing to sort my hub before Saturday it to the girl I've been going out with for a couple of months. I jokingly said 'the forum says it needs methodical, you're methodical...' sure enough she took the hub pulled it apart, passed it to me to clean, then greased it, put it all back together and I put it back on the Surf. I tried it and it happily turned around to 'lock'. Havent tested 4WD yet but all feels right.

I have decided to ignore the slight masculinity challenge I have felt and decided to just stick with impressed.

The gasket was in tiny little bits so as long as I can get another from Toy by Sat I can hopefully have 4WD for the plain! Wahoo!

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post

The gasket was in tiny little bits so as long as I can get another from Toy by Sat I can hopefully have 4WD for the plain! Wahoo!
            Just in case its of use to anyone, Milners have them here http://www.milneroffroad.com/categor...p?cID=9086&p=2

Comment

Where did you get the refurb kit from?
              ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

I did have a kit that a guy on Yotatech sent me when I got the hubs. Havign spent an hour in my flat and my loft searching for it yesterday to no avail I gave up. Guessing it'll show up in about a year.
                Just took it apart, cleaned and regreased.
                Ordered the gasket from milners for the grand total of 75p a pop. The other main bit thats goes is the O-ring on the dial which looked fine

Comment

Working...
                X