Annoying Alarm - any experts about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying Alarm - any experts about?

Hi all...wonder if there are any alarm experts on this site?

I have a laserline 291k alarm (it says so on the control box under the steering wheel)....and a 290i siren (again, label on the box).

It is quite a good system...been absolutely good as gold since I have had the surf........apart from one annoying thing....it has an auto-arm "feature".

Lets say you pull up to put fuel in the car......once the keys are out of the ignition, it will re-arm itself....(won't set off anything if you open the doors, just if you put the keys in the ignition and go to start it).

This means that when filling up with the family in the car...I have to set the alarm (with them in it)..and then un-set it ...then put the keys in the ignition quickly so it doesn't re-arm.

.....or....if I open the car to let the kids in....by the time I have loaded it and sat in the driving seat, the alarm will have re-armed itself and I have to lock and unlock the car to be able to put the key in the ignition.

Anyone know anything about Laserline alarms...I have searched online....downloaded the manuals for the alarm, but they don't tell you how to switch this "feature" off (although you apparently can on other models of theirs.....so I don't see why I can't on this one).

I did try emailing laserline but they ignored my requests...I will try to phone tomorrow, but I don't hold much hope.

Any thoughts.....?

most cat1 aftermarket alarms do it tbh,part of getting a cat1 cert for the alarm itself,u will prob find no way round it

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
      most cat1 aftermarket alarms do it tbh,part of getting a cat1 cert for the alarm itself,u will prob find no way round it
      ..thanks.....

...and bugger..

Comment

Is it a two button remote?

If it is, try pressing both buttons at the same time, this usually puts the alarm in 'valet' mode.

Comment

Don't know if you've seen this...http://safemanuals.com/user-guide-in...SERLINE/291-_E

It says something about entering your PIN number to deactivate the alarm.

Comment

Hia Nana,

Got the same alarm, has it got remote central locking? it's a right PITA.
            You've just got to get used to it, when fueling, it sets the imobiliser,
            not the alarm, I just set and unset when going back to the truck,
            mine will also fully re-arm, if I unlock it, but don't open a door, keep
            the interior lights door switched all the time.
            Just wait till the fob battery goes flat.

Gman.
            If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Don't know if you've seen this...http://safemanuals.com/user-guide-in...SERLINE/291-_E

It says something about entering your PIN number to deactivate the alarm.
              Hi Bushwacker,

If you deactivate your alarm, it might invalidate your insurance,
              for the theft of, or, from the said truck. I'd you advise not to do
              this, we all know what crafty bleeders the insurance co's are don't we?

Gman.
              If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Originally posted by GRASSMAN View Post
                Hia Nana,

Got the same alarm, has it got remote central locking? it's a right PITA.
                You've just got to get used to it, when fueling, it sets the imobiliser,
                not the alarm, I just set and unset when going back to the truck,
                mine will also fully re-arm, if I unlock it, but don't open a door, keep
                the interior lights door switched all the time.
                Just wait till the fob battery goes flat.

Gman.

yep, hooked into the central locking...I just feel a plank setting and unsetting everytime I go to the car (fueling, loading etc, etc).

One fob battery was flat when I got it....had to do some soldering on the one working fob today....

Comment

Hmm....OK.....got a help number of Laserline...and they were quite helpful.

Unfortunately it is a feature of the immobiliser...

When the key is turned off it re-arms the alarm after 30 secs or so.

...the way round it is to put key in ignition...it it then starts bleeping..and you have to press button A on the fob to re-set the alarm..

At least that is easier to do now that I have re-soldered the fob.

I'm tempted to ditch the alarm altogether as I am worried what might happen to the immobiliser if it gets wet when wading.

Comment

Working...
                  X