The One Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The One Show

Has anyone ever watched this program on bbc1 at about 7pm.

Well as some of you know my dad is dying of pancreatic cancer and he has a critical illness/life cover.
    The insurance company refused to pay out on the critical illness side as they said that there wasn't enough evidence without him having a biopsy to proove he has this cancer.If he has a biopsy it would kill him straight away an t this is why a biopsy was never done.
    Anyway a couple of months ago we were told to watch the One Show as they were appealing for people who have had trouble claiming on insurances.
    Well today they have turned up at dads to film and they will have Dom coming in this afternoon to do one to one interviews with us.
    Any way in the time that the BBC was emailed and they contacted L&G they still weren't going to pay dad the pyout hee was entitled to.
    Last night L&G rang dad and have agreed to pay out and its dated from last October when his claim went in.
    The BBC still want to film as it was them that swung it with l&g as no insurance companies want bad press.

The main thing i want to say is if you know anyone who was refused payouts with insurance companies then get your local mp and anyone else to write to the company and the insurance ombudsman and not to give up.
    Fight them all the way and i'm sure you will win.
    This small amount of money my dad is going to get will mean the earth to him and mum so don't let these companies walk over you.

Just thought i would share this with you all as i had always had doubts about these sorts of programs and this has changed my opinions of them
    Last edited by stormforce; 6 May 2009, 13:42.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Richard thats great news and good advice. Cheers

Comment

Cheers Paul.This news has lifted a great wieght off of dads shoulders and will mean that he can get work done to their home before he dies and that mother has a decent roof over her head

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
        Cheers Paul.This news has lifted a great wieght off of dads shoulders and will mean that he can get work done to their home before he dies and that mother has a decent roof over her head
        Brilliant mate....perhaps those doubting folks out there will take heed and complain, I was always told if you dont ask you dont get....if you dont get complain!
        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
        Tony

Comment

I am pleased to hear that you have got a good result

It really does make you sick... there are so many fraudsters out there claiming for money they don’t deserve, that when genuine, honest people try to claim they get treated like criminals.

Most insurance policies aren’t worth the paper they are written on.
          Last edited by PDR; 7 May 2009, 09:48.
          Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

good news rich wish him well from me and enjoy his money.
            cheers shaun
            NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

when will the show be going out so that i can watch it.
              cheers shaun
              NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

Originally posted by MUD MUNCHER View Post
                when will the show be going out so that i can watch it.
                cheers shaun
                I'll find out later as i got to go back as they are doing some more filming in a little while so i'll let you know when later

Comment

Thats excellant news Richard, really pleased for your mum and dad, keep up the good work, well done, just goes to show sometimes the old box has its uses.
                  www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

Well done with the fight Richard , it proves that the common person can win against a multimillion pound company ......... ( with the BBC's help)
                    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Good show rich....karma's great, especially when it bites a big corporation's arse !!
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Great news Richard!

It really p1sses me off that these crooks are quick to grab your money, but fight like hell when you have a rightful claim.

Hope they do still film / show it as these swines deserve to be humiliated. Your family have enough on their plate without having to fight for what is theirs.
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

great news that mate,shame it took that to sort,but atleast he got what he deserves,really happy for i know wot this means to you and your family,as above let me know when its gonna be on tv and all the best to your dad mate

Comment

Thanks all.The show will be on t.v in about 3 weeks.If you know anyone having trouble with insurance claims get them to watch.Any consumer issues they are happy to talk to you about
                            Here's a pic of my parents and Dom

Comment

sheesh u dont half look like yr dad mate

Comment

Working...
                              X