X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• price check on 4runner

Hi

wanted a pricecheck on an N-reg, 3.0 TD 4runner - 1995
    Its done 138,000 miles. Regularly serviced, timing belt replaced at both times specified.
    I have looked at serivce book.
    Just had 2 new front wings put on - I assisted doing this.
    MOT tomorrow - needed the wings replacing to get through.
    MOT notified front shocks weak, steering collar worn & CV boots getting worn - but didnt fail because of this.
    Belongs to a work colleague, so i have seen it around and been in it a few times over the last couple of years.

It is in reasonable nick, some minor rust at base of 2 doors and rear wheel archs. Underside not too bad, could do with a clean-up and underseal.

Sunroof doesnt open - motors winds, but window doesnt budge.
    Rear window a bit slow.

It drives OK, low-range works ok.
    No smoke when pushed hard.

Is going for about £3000. This falls within the 'Parkers' guidelines,
    however, most surfs/4runners I see are advertised for higher prices.
    Is this a realistic price??

andy
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

its a manual gearbox
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by andycook
      Hi

wanted a pricecheck on an N-reg, 3.0 TD 4runner - 1995
      Its done 138,000 miles. Regularly serviced, timing belt replaced at both times specified.
      I have looked at serivce book.
      Just had 2 new front wings put on - I assisted doing this.
      MOT tomorrow - needed the wings replacing to get through.
      MOT notified front shocks weak, steering collar worn & CV boots getting worn - but didnt fail because of this.
      Belongs to a work colleague, so i have seen it around and been in it a few times over the last couple of years.

It is in reasonable nick, some minor rust at base of 2 doors and rear wheel archs. Underside not too bad, could do with a clean-up and underseal.

Sunroof doesnt open - motors winds, but window doesnt budge.
      Rear window a bit slow.

It drives OK, low-range works ok.
      No smoke when pushed hard.

Is going for about £3000. This falls within the 'Parkers' guidelines,
      however, most surfs/4runners I see are advertised for higher prices.
      Is this a realistic price??

andy
      Imported surfs are generally low mileage(IF genuine) and much higher specs!
      ie. air con, auto option, met paint,electric adjustable shox, sunroof etc etc!

I still believe they are a better buy than the uk spec 4-runners(unless it's a v6) when you stand the 2 together and compare!
      www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Comment

As Neil says, Surfs are higher spec and generally low mileage.

I would suggest though that 3K for a genuine UK Runner is a pretty good price even with 138K miles on it.

You won't get the Aircon and the Sunroof will be relatively expensive to fix unless you do it yourself as the headlining has to come out which means all the interior side panels need to as well however the parts to fix should be cheap (couple of the worm drives).

Get the rust sorted out as once it has hit, it will only get worse and door panels are not that cheap.

If you spend £500 sorting it out you will have a good reliable motor, the 3 Litre engine is good and solid with few known problems.

The CV boots are not expensive but are time consuming to fix.

Personally I've seen Runners go for much more than this and in good condition they are certainly worth a lot more.

Cheers

Comment

sounds like a bargain at that price .my uk 4runner has 105k on itand never let me down in 4 years offers around £5000 for mine

Comment

thanks for the feedback people,
            I'm not afraid to have a go at fixing the niggly things like sun-roof etc,
            and would even tackle changing shocks and cv boots (as these parts are realtively cheap): - if I get hold of a manual - i have worked on this type of thing before.
            hopefully buying the truck soon

mind-you it feels like driving a bouncy castle compared to my Subaru Forster (with mofided suspension from a WRX)!! - but that will partly due to the weak/worn shocks on the 4runner
            Landcruiser Colorado
            Sub. Forester

Comment

dont be fooled thinking as its cheap its a bargain, i would hpi it first make sure its not on the v-car register
              [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
              [size=5][/size]
              [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Working...
              X