No announcement yet.

Roof console so far...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine is higher than the top of the doors right across, and I can lean forward fully without hitting it at all. There will no doubt come a time when I forget and whack my bonce - hence the padding
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

typo "body"
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Covering & speaker grills arrived, so tonight I covered it and 'grilled' it

I'm happy!

Pics are still taken with the console sitting in the headliner on the floor of my shed, but I should be reassembling it all this weekend. The second pic gives an idea of how it will look from the passenger seat.

Comment

awesome!!!

Comment

Awesome is an overused word - however, I agree! I'm kind of amazed it covered so well! Cheers Rod!

Incidentally, I have about 1.4 x 0.5 metres of the grey cloth left over - enough to cover another console if anyone else is building one. Its a pretty good match for the truck's headlining.

Comment

Nice, neat, tidy job.

You can tell you took your time to get the perfect fit.

You are what i would call a "PERV" & i mean that in a good way.

You should start making them to sell on here, they'd go like hot cakes.
              If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

It has covered it really well, I made a set of door cards for my old Surf an theres 'nout in life grander then taught fabric!

Well, ok there probably is.. but still!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                  Awesome is an overused word - however, I agree! I'm kind of amazed it covered so well! Cheers Rod!

Incidentally, I have about 1.4 x 0.5 metres of the grey cloth left over - enough to cover another console if anyone else is building one. Its a pretty good match for the truck's headlining.
                  Alright then how about Outstanding ? in an american apocalypse now style ?
                  Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

how about i still think its a load of crap,andy you need to get out more.

very,very nice work indeed andy.
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                      how about i still think its a load of crap,andy you need to get out more.
                      very,very nice work indeed andy.
                      I DO get out more, which is why its taken me so bl00dy long to do all these jobs!

It's beerfest season for gods sake man!

Comment

Andy - has anyone told you that you appear to have a plyboard windscreen?
                        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Very Very Nice Sir....
                          Now it's beer festivities season, award ya self a pint or three of the good ol nectar Andy

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where n don't know when tho !!!!
                          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                          X