Roof console so far...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof console so far...

On a roll this weekend. Roof rack on, and roof console well on the way. Just waiting for grey cloth from eBay for covering it. Gonna glue on a layer of 3mm poly sheet (the stuff they use for packaging) to give it a bit of tactile-ness(?) before I put the cloth on it. As far as fitting it, I'm using the original sun-visor mounts with longer bolts, and ally spreader plate on the back of the roof lining with captive bolts into blocks inside the roof console. The black circles are the speakers for the CB and the scanner. They'll have small grills over them after the cloth is on.

In the console are a CB, boost gauge, ATF temp gauge and scanner. Dont know if I'll fit anything else as I already have a switch panel to the right of the steering wheel with plenty of expansion capability.

Last edited by Apache; 4 May 2009, 18:47.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

That's a Good Job Andy bin thinking about doing summat similar (as I have a sunroof)

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where n don't know when tho !!!!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Excellent job Andy, how long ya been planning this? it'll blend in much better with the cloth on, i just the black carpet i recarpeted the truck withas i had loads left over
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

The pics of yours set me off, so its your fault!

Yes, at the moment, its in 'Austin Allegro Teak' , Will be much nicer in grey fleck.

Comment

what does the scanner do mate, stupid question i know but never come accross one
          SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
            what does the scanner do mate, stupid question i know but never come accross one
            Its basically a HF / VHF / UHF receiver with a search / scan facility. Goes from 30MHz to 1GHz.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
              Its basically a HF / VHF / UHF receiver with a search / scan facility. Goes from 30MHz to 1GHz.
              that is so cool i want one where do you get them?/
              SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Looks really neat, hope to see the pics when its finished.
                I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
                  that is so cool i want one where do you get them?/
                  Lots on eBay. I've got a few now. Got a base one, a handheld, and the one for the truck. Look for something that covers civil airband, and military stuff. Emergency services are still analogue between about 70MHz and 170MHz, but police are now on Airwave which is encrypted.

I've got one of these as my handheld

And one of these as my base one.

Comment

Originally posted by jotto View Post
                    Looks really neat, hope to see the pics when its finished.
                    Cheers fella. Hopefully it will be complete and installed this week.

Comment

On a roll this weekend. Roof rack on, and roof console well on the way. Just waiting for grey cloth from eBay for covering it. Gonna glue on a layer of 3mm poly sheet (the stuff they use for packaging) to give it a bit of tactile-ness(?) before I put the cloth on it. As far as fitting it, I'm using the original sun-visor mounts with longer bolts, and ally spreader plate on the back of the roof lining with captive bolts into blocks inside the roof console. The black circles are the speakers for the CB and the scanner. They'll have small grills over them after the cloth is on.

In the console are a CB, boost gauge, ATF temp gauge and scanner. Dont know if I'll fit anything else as I already have a switch panel to the right of the steering wheel with plenty of expansion capability.

Good job, very neat - must have taken a fair while - can't wait to see it finished
                      How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Has taken weeks! Profiling it to fit the curve of the roof, and windscreen is the hardest bit.

Comment

at the moment, its in 'Austin Allegro Teak'
                          Nowt wrong with an Allegro matey

Look at it, just LOOK at it! Classy as f**k

scanner.
                          Mmm I fancy one of them, but I need more things to spend cash on like I need a hole in the head right now

Comment

nice job andy
                            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Very tidy - in fact almost off-the-shelf looking. can't wait to see finished pictures.
                              that's another job added to my "to do" list. GOD I HATE THIS FORUM!!!
                              Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Working...
                              X