Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yoshie has the right idea

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
    Zuki Jimny 1.3 injection Jap reliability.{mpg that wont have you dreaming of veg} Coils, Great off road loads of after market bits for them. O and you will always sell a Jimny. For a grandish you would be nuts to buy anything else. imho
    Totally agree, Love the Jimny or the Seirra.

Go anywhere 4wds that put most other 4wds to shame.
    Reliable, cheap to buy, run and insure.
    Great on the beach
    Good resale value

My missus had a seirra and she regrets the day she gave it to her sister.

Cheers Matt
    Harden the Fuk Up Princess

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
      There is a SWB version of the Pajero which is diesel. Can't remember offhand whether it's a 2.5 or 2.8.
      Pajeros in SWB come in 2.5 and 2.8. The 2.5 can have head issues (sound familiar?) and the 2.8 is more reliable as well as quicker and more sought after. Having said that the 2.5 is a useful tool, and I had lots of fun years ago in one. Very capable with the right tyres as most 4x4s are. 2.5s can be had for under 1K with some history. Just picked up a 2.8 and so far well pleased.
      That'll fit!

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
        so...
        My dad is in his mid 70's and a ....pretty good driver. Ish.
        He is wanting to get a new car (currently driving a mid 90's Golf 1.6) and likes the idea of greenlaning. However he doesnt want something that is much bigger than what he is currently driving. He refuses to drive the Surf yet loves being a bit higher,.

So criteria are:
        1. small-ish
        2. comfortable to drive
        3. A diesel that will run on veg. (Bosch pumped and ideally indirect injection)
        4. decent in a crash
        5. doesnt need indicators as he appears to beam his intentions via the medium of telepathy to other road users so feels no need to use them.
        6. reliable
        7. Under or around a grand
        8. reasonable off-road i.e. will greenlane and not get stuck at the first hint of mud obviously it wont be great but as long as he can come along he'll be happy.

I know there was a thread on recently about the RAV4 which was interesting and have thought about the little Suzuki's but am guessing that they are not going to be good enough on the comfort stakes. Guess a SWB Paj isn't too huge but may still be a bridge too far.

any thoughts
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
        X