Anyone doing a lexsurf conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
    jezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,som etimes,who the hell cares,the looks on peoples faces as you come tearing by them with a v8 at full chat,bellowing from the exhaust and knocking there toupees into oblivion is priceless.
    How does that work with no gearbox?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      How does that work with no gearbox?
      erm dont know i havnt worked that one out yet,but im working on it.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
        Save you getting rid of the rest of the car if you're short of space. looks like all the bits you need are there.
        The one up here is already in a scrappy, he won't sell the whole car in one piece, but he will give me whatever I want from it for £450. Engine, box, tanks, LPG conversion, instrument cluster, all the wiring - whatever I want. No storage or disposal issues and no problem with lifting anything either...

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
          erm dont know i havnt worked that one out yet,but im working on it.

How about a propeller on the back? No gearbox losses! Just dont try to pull away on a conveyor belt...
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            How about a propeller on the back? No gearbox losses! Just dont try to pull away on a conveyor belt...
            Can we do that again please?

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy77 View Post
              does look a steal but the torque seems low for what it is! is ft/lbs and Nm the same?? will that effect climbing performance?
              It's has multi-valve heads and four overhead camshafts, so is built for high rpms rather than torque. Some tuners have had these V8s (early nineties versions with much thicker con rods)up to 10,000 rpm regularly with stock internals.

For bucket loads of torque you'll need a high cubic inch, pushrod, cast iron engine.

Comment

Working...
              X