No announcement yet.

Might be a good question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what you mean by 'automatic locks' still.

The switch engages drive to the front wheels, that is all. Its still an open diff on the front.

You will have low range gearing for steep tows on tarmac I suppose, if you leave you front hubs unlocked and select low 4 on the ratio lever.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      Not sure what you mean by 'automatic locks' still.

The switch engages drive to the front wheels, that is all. Its still an open diff on the front.

You will have low range gearing for steep tows on tarmac I suppose, if you leave you front hubs unlocked and select low 4 on the ratio lever.
      What i meant is if you have the stock hubs on... and you selected 4H on the transfer case... and you didn't press the button on the transfer case gear shift... and the car has all 4 wheels in the air... and its in 1st idling away... will only the two rear wheels turn? or all four...

because as i understand it... the stock hubs are always connected to the drive shafts... but is not connected in the diff... so the both prop shafts will be turning. But as soon as you press the button it engages the driveshaft connection in the front diff and the front wheels will start turning...

or did my mechanical skills led me into the bushes?
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      All I want for X-mas is a garage stocked with tools and a manual 3.0td Surf

Comment

Possibly.

Comment

Working...
        X