• Show
Clear All

Ah bugger, nearly forgot, nice caravan Phantom, hope lucifer likes it
    www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

Originally posted by greecysurf View Post
      But VOLVO drivers, 4X4 school run drivers,
      ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH , thats better, back of to the nuthouse,

I know where you're coming from - my other half uses the towcar for running about and you'd be amazed (NOT) at the number of people that make assumptions about little women driving Volvos/Surfs - their assumptions don't last long cos Jackie takes no prisoners !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

My wife Julies abit like that, she stopped driving now, every time the boy racers cut her up, she would get road rage, funny the look on some peoples faces, when the little women in the sports car overtakes and tells them very politely what lovely little oiks they are,
        www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

nice van, never wanted a tin snail til recently, hated them on the roads, but quite fancy one now - i really do think i'm ageing early though 25 and thinking about a caravan

it's never the first vehicle in the queue causing the problem, it's the egit that's sitting too close behind to see to overtake themselves, or if they don't wanna overtake, they sit too close to allow anyone to overtake them and the caravan in front one at a time.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Spot on !

But 25 is OLD for a new caravanner these days - there's even a club for young caravanners (Not surprisingly I'm too old to join)

<Sermon ON>

Without wanting to sound like a caravan evangelist there are a lot of misconceptions about caravanning, including:

Caravanning is cheap
            Caravanners are all old fuddy duddies
            Caravans are only good for summer use

The truth is that caravanning CAN be done on a budget but very few do these days - our current van cost £15k and is far from the most expensive about, then there's the annual costs of storage, servicing, insurance - in our case that's about £1000 BEFORE we move an inch !

There are a lot of older caravanners but equally there are loads of young ones too - we know caravanners from across the entire spectrum of age, race, class, wealth ..... We used to know one that towed with a new Porsche Cayenne Turbo !

Modern caravans are pretty much self contained with hot water, blown air heating (Gas and Electric), fridge/freezer, microwave, oven/hob, TV/DVD, Shower, toilet. We've caravanned off mains at Christmas/New Year on the North Norfolk coast and had to open the windows cos we've been too hot.

If you are interested in cheap caravanning both of the major sites have networks of small sites (Max 5 vans) that can come in at as little as £5 a night or for the more gregarious there are rallies which can be even cheaper.

<Sermon OFF>

Last edited by Predictable Bob; 25 April 2009, 16:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
              Not with a V8 pulling it
              From petrol station to petrol station ?
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                nice van, never wanted a tin snail til recently, hated them on the roads, but quite fancy one now - i really do think i'm ageing early though 25 and thinking about a caravan

it's never the first vehicle in the queue causing the problem, it's the egit that's sitting too close behind to see to overtake themselves, or if they don't wanna overtake, they sit too close to allow anyone to overtake them and the caravan in front one at a time.
                go on ian get one

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

Spot on !

But 25 is OLD for a new caravanner these days - there's even a club for young caravanners (Not surprisingly I'm too old to join)

<Sermon ON>

Without wanting to sound like a caravan evangelist there are a lot of misconceptions about caravanning, including:

Caravanning is cheap
                  Caravanners are all old fuddy duddies
                  Caravans are only good for summer use

The truth is that caravanning CAN be done on a budget but very few do these days - our current van cost £15k and is far from the most expensive about, then there's the annual costs of storage, servicing, insurance - in our case that's about £1000 BEFORE we move an inch !

There are a lot of older caravanners but equally there are loads of young ones too - we know caravanners from across the entire spectrum of age, race, class, wealth ..... We used to know one that towed with a new Porsche Cayenne Turbo !

Modern caravans are pretty much self contained with hot water, blown air heating (Gas and Electric), fridge/freezer, microwave, oven/hob, TV/DVD, Shower, toilet. We've caravanned off mains at Christmas/New Year on the North Norfolk coast and had to open the windows cos we've been too hot.

If you are interested in cheap caravanning both of the major sites have networks of small sites (Max 5 vans) that can come in at as little as £5 a night or for the more gregarious there are rallies which can be even cheaper.

<Sermon OFF>

well mine was 700 quid! insurance 200 a year

Comment

But you're incredibly rare Andy !

Comment

ill take that as a compliment

Comment

I think you have miss-spelt TIGHT there Bob!!
                        www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                        X