Something Strange With This Sale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something Strange With This Sale?

I've been after a set of alloys on Ebay and found some that are only 10 miles away from where I live. I emailed the seller and told him I would hit the 'Buy It Now' button if I could pick them up. He emailed back that he was working away and couldn't be there if I wanted to collect them.

To be honest the 'Buy It Now' price is way below what the alloys should be worth, which made me a little suspicious in the first place, but now he keeps dropping the 'Buy It Now' price. His ad says he will put them on a pallet and deliver for £55, if he can't be there for me to pick them up how the hell can he be there to put them on a pallet and get a courier to pick them up?

Now he won't answer my emails, even though I'd offered him more than his current asking price!

Something fishy going on methinks?
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

same old,same old,he wants to make his money on delivery/postage

Comment

Show us um then
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I don't think he'd make much profit out of £55 delivery, there's 5 alloys with 31" tyres on them. They ain't gonna be cheap to ship!

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
          Show us um then
          Ha! It's Jim with a 'J' not a 'D' mate!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
            Ha! It's Jim with a 'J' not a 'D' mate!
            I would never gazump a fellow surfer, just wanted a peek.

Comment

I've been after a set of alloys on Ebay and found some that are only 10 miles away from where I live. I emailed the seller and told him I would hit the 'Buy It Now' button if I could pick them up. He emailed back that he was working away and couldn't be there if I wanted to collect them.

To be honest the 'Buy It Now' price is way below what the alloys should be worth, which made me a little suspicious in the first place, but now he keeps dropping the 'Buy It Now' price. His ad says he will put them on a pallet and deliver for £55, if he can't be there for me to pick them up how the hell can he be there to put them on a pallet and get a courier to pick them up?

Now he won't answer my emails, even though I'd offered him more than his current asking price!

Something fishy going on methinks?
              deffo sounds like he will take the money and run, will he accept paypall cause your covered then, if he won,t you won,t get your wheels me thinks
              i x toyoyta surf 1 x toyota supra mk3 turbo auto

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                I would never gazump a fellow surfer, just wanted a peek.
                Just kidding with you Si. Knowing my luck he could be a member on here and take exception to my comments, hence no link. I been caught out many times before by opening my gob and putting my foot in it!

Originally posted by mkiiisupraowner View Post
                deffo sounds like he will take the money and run, will he accept paypall cause your covered then, if he won,t you won,t get your wheels me thinks
                Then what's the point? Paypal will just give the money back to the wronged bidder and the guy is no further forward. He has good feedback.

Comment

just buy them!!

Dont worry about it so much mate, I'm sure hes a legit seller!! No one goes to the hassle of getting a load of good feedback just to try an screw someone over on some wheels!!

get 'em!

Comment

They wont fit my truck anyway, too small.

Ya never know mate, it might be a genuine sale.

Comment

Very true lads it may be geniune, but why won't he answer my emails and why does he drop the price every day?

Comment

Very true lads it may be geniune, but why won't he answer my emails and why does he drop the price every day?
                        Ye that is a bit strange, i must admit.

Comment

Maybe your e-mails are going straight into his spam box not and he's not seeing them?
                          Try a different e-mail account e.g. hotmail.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                            Maybe your e-mails are going straight into his spam box not and he's not seeing them?
                            Try a different e-mail account e.g. hotmail.
                            Thing is, he's already answered 2 of my emails, Vince. It was when I asked a second time if I could pick up that he stopped replying. Even if he had said, "Sorry mate, no collection, delivery only", I would have known to give up on those alloys and look elsewhere.

Comment

Thing is, he's already answered 2 of my emails, Vince. It was when I asked a second time if I could pick up that he stopped replying. Even if he had said, "Sorry mate, no collection, delivery only", I would have known to give up on those alloys and look elsewhere.
                              Try get a mate to bid aswell, then have him e-mail to see if he gets a reply.

Comment

Working...
                              X