No announcement yet.

F.A.O. Shiny club.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So they are still there but they're in disguise? Will they suddenly re-appear one day when I'm not looking?
    How are you able to see my truck from there anyway?

Comment

There still there but ya cant see em, with compound you know you've got em out cos you can see the primer
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

hehehe!!
        The Black paint on my 3rd gen is not clear coated like the metallics so it's easier to get a glass like finished.

Comment

my isuzu is black the problem is its got white primer so the scratches really stand out tried black wax no good

Comment

To be fair Mr BDT you are bound to get a good shine after several years. Vince was only at his for an afternoon.

Bogus
            Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              So they are still there but they're in disguise? Will they suddenly re-appear one day when I'm not looking?
              How are you able to see my truck from there anyway?
              i cant see it from here vince but on an 8 yr old car they will be there thats all,i'm not knockin wot you have done,im just saying for a proper shine it has to be done with compound is all,compounded,very wet and its a messy horrible job,but the finish compared to tcut is like night and day

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                but the finish compared to tcut is like night and day
                LIke shiny and dull?

Vince is shiny, you are dull? That kind of thing
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Meet me at Silverstone, we'll have a show an shine competition yours compounded, mine T-cutted.

Consider gauntlet on the ground!

Comment

Well now, some of us like T Cut, but some of us like compound.

There's only one way to settle this .......

FIGHT!
                    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                      Well now, some of us like T Cut, but some of us like compound.
                      I reckon it's an age thing? Us folk who don't mind a bit of elbow grease use a proper restorer; i.e. T-Cut. The lazy yoof like them compound thingies, specifically designed to make it easy for their frail wee bubble wrapped bodies to fake shininess...

To T-Cut a car properly will take many more hours of proper physical work than compound on a powered pad.

It's a bit like silver polishing, using a proper silver polish to clean a bracelet will take a couple of hours; using a dip will take minutes. But my proper polish will last for weeks, your dip will tarnish within hours.
                      Last edited by Albannach; 23 April 2009, 23:16.
                      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Oohh...look at my shiny thing..ooh..well i use a rubbout compund, well i use d cut....ooh look ,look its all shiny and nice and ive been polishing it for nine years and now the end has dropped off.....you strange shiny bunch
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

You quit smoking?

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                            Oohh...look at my shiny thing..ooh..well i use a rubbout compund, well i use d cut....ooh look ,look its all shiny and nice and ive been polishing it for nine years and now the end has dropped off.....you strange shiny bunch

What you do in the privicy of your own home is your affair, just dont do it in public, you'll frighten the kids
                            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                              Meet me at Silverstone, we'll have a show an shine competition yours compounded, mine T-cutted.

Consider gauntlet on the ground!
                              1 prob im on call i can do monster mania in kent?

Comment

Meanwhile .... Me T-cut sitting on the shelf in the Garage where it's bin for the last 4 years !!!!!!

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where, don't know when tho !!!!
                                Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                                X