radiator cracked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radiator cracked

have a small 1/2" crack on front of top radiator header close to cap.

thought it was cap leaking..have replaced but on cleaning up noticed crack although cap was passing.

anyway priced up new and took advice re roughtrax v milners (do milners still have issues?)

Question : is it worth attempting a solder repair, could have a go me sen but local rad outfit say they can do for £20 or so?
    Concious that if gone once may not last and go again at a less convenient time!

looking to get repair done at lunch so any quick advice appreciated

I had it soldered on my truck, it's ok as a temp fix I suppose but get a new radiator when u can...
    Get roughtrax as far as I know the milner ones are still blowing up all over the place...
    Hope this helps mate...
    One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Got a new one here mate, was only on truck 3 days. Ya can have it for75 + p&p. This is for an auto 3.0

Comment

thanks that was quick!!!!

how temp is temp do you think?

if get a good joint/cover would of hoped it would be a permenant fix subject to it cracking elsewhere?

they do do recons so may even look at that as an option.

why now...just had an attempted theft of my Gilera VXR run around. bust up stearing etc so that went to insurers yesterday....scum £700 damaged and they never would have got it started

Comment

Magnum

sounds a good option, will get solder done and providing suitable have yours and fit in a while.

Your not far away so maybe pick up/meet at your convenience. Can you email me to discuss?

Mine is a manual 94 4 runner 3.0 TD will it fit (am I correct in thinking that they are interchangeable).

Does yours have extra conn's for the ATF if so are these capped?

Comment

Originally posted by hilly64 View Post
            Magnum

sounds a good option, will get solder done and providing suitable have yours and fit in a while.

Your not far away so maybe pick up/meet at your convenience. Can you email me to discuss?

Mine is a manual 94 4 runner 3.0 TD will it fit (am I correct in thinking that they are interchangeable).

Does yours have extra conn's for the ATF if so are these capped?

Hi mate, if you want a used one from a 4runner manual i have one also, 30quid if ya want to fetch it.

Comment

Email...philip.chadwin@ntlworl d.com

Then i'll give you my mob number

Comment

thanks to magnum rad swap rather than repair on the cards for tonight.

will have a go at repair on cracked one and keep as spare ie throw in garage, forget about it and damage at some stage by storing heavy objects on top!!

quick question: have saved coolant (guessing at least a couple or three years old, need to get some red top up....would it be ok to mix and re-use or would using all new be advised?? ie does it degrade?
                #

Comment

Originally posted by hilly64 View Post
                  thanks to magnum rad swap rather than repair on the cards for tonight.

will have a go at repair on cracked one and keep as spare ie throw in garage, forget about it and damage at some stage by storing heavy objects on top!!

quick question: have saved coolant (guessing at least a couple or three years old, need to get some red top up....would it be ok to mix and re-use or would using all new be advised?? ie does it degrade?
                  #
                  definitely use new for what it costs.
                  Trust your Hound.

Comment

Working...
                  X