X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok who is good at..........

MATHS ........

Right due to having bigger wheels my trip on the truck is out

So if on a known run of 4.2 miles the truck clocks up 3.6 can someone create a formule to help me keep abreast of my true mileage
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

sorry chap,im retarded when it comes to maths,i have trouble counting my own fingers.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
      MATHS ........

So if on a known run of 4.2 miles the truck clocks up 3.6 can someone create a formule to help me keep abreast of my true mileage
      abreast .boobs again

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
        abreast .boobs again

Sorry cannot miss them here

Comment

check it on your satnav and write it down?

nah seriously I am sure someone good at maths will come round soon and tell u....
          One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
            sorry chap,im retarded when it comes to maths,i have trouble counting my own fingers.
            i have 11 no er 13 9 well i have 6 on this hand then i must have er 7 on this one er

Comment

i have 11 no er 13 9 well i have 6 on this hand then i must have er 7 on this one er
              i did say fingers and not thumbs didnt i???
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
                MATHS ........

could you not even it up say go a known distance of 10 miles on your sat nav and then record the same distance on your odometer that would be easier to work out.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

simply times your milage by 1.1666666666666666666666666666 66666666666667
                  Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

It might be a bit more complicated than you think old bean.
                    You can usually use distance/ time (ie 60 mph = 60 miles in 1 hour) but as your speed increases so does your error increase,and possibly decrease expedentially.
                    you will need to know your speed and distance travelled with respect to the error

Distance wise, 4.2 miles comes across as 3.6 miles...well thats easy enough to deal with. A simple ratio of the two gives you a difference of approx 0.85..this is just a coefficent but points you towards a figure of each mile driven has only 85 ish percent recorded.Its the difference in speedo reading you possibly need to use a bit of calculus for...and its a bit of a ball ache.
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                      You can usually use distance/ time (ie 60 mph = 60 miles in 1 hour) but as your speed increases so does your error increase,and possibly decrease expedentially.
                      you will need to know your speed and distance travelled with respect to the error

Distance wise, 4.2 miles comes across as 3.6 miles...well thats easy enough to deal with. A simple ratio of the two gives you a difference of approx 0.85..this is just a coefficent but points you towards a figure of each mile driven has only 85 ish percent recorded.Its the difference in speedo reading you possibly need to use a bit of calculus for...and its a bit of a ball ache.

so much for a simple answer then ............best not worry about it

Comment

kin ell graham did you just read that from a book

Comment

god damn it,i was just about to say the same thing gwa.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

kin ell graham did you just read that from a book

Nah he has been to big school

Comment

I calculate that if you want to fit hooooooge tyres to your truck, why worry about milage/mpg??

Comment

Working...
                              X