Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air-Con Belt Adjustment

Hi folks

Can someone point me in the right direction? My air-con drive belt makes a terrible squeeling from time to time. Upon checking under the bonnet it would appear that the belt is a bit slack. I noticed a big adjuster screw but was a bit weary as to whether or not I should touch it. Would moving this tension the belt?

Thanks

Originally posted by Doc B View Post
    Hi folks

Can someone point me in the right direction? My air-con drive belt makes a terrible squeeling from time to time. Upon checking under the bonnet it would appear that the belt is a bit slack. I noticed a big adjuster screw but was a bit weary as to whether or not I should touch it. Would moving this tension the belt?

Thanks
    go on touch it.....
    u know u want too...
    One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by Doc B View Post
      Would moving this tension the belt?
      Yes, but loosen the bolt through the centre of the adjuster and pulley before, or the adjuster bolt may snap and retighten after.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
        Yes, but loosen the bolt through the centre of the adjuster and pulley before, or the adjuster bolt may snap and retighten after.

Nev
        As this man says, I swapped mine at the weekend, loosen the nut in the pulley, and then just tighten the adjuster.

Easy job. Adjust it so it's the same tension as the alternator belts.

Comment

Working...
        X