My New?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrbill View Post
    Thanks!!! Are you not getting another Surf???
    Not for now mate, I've been looking at 3rd gens but cant find that many bargains at the moment an im a bit "hmnnn" about them..

I've wanted to do a land rover project for... years now! I need to get it out of my system or im going to regret it! So, T'is time to crack on and get it done!

Im going to penny pinch anywhere i can! Roll cage is a flat pack unit from whitbread offroad and i'll be making the rag top myself. I can spray it up black and get a half decent finish myself so thats more money saved.. anything else.. bucket seats and sound system stuff will be ebay bargain stuff!

Its going to be awesome fun!!
    Originally posted by John h View Post

Rod get a Surf ! mod it then sell it to me !!!
    I've been offered a hilux pickup with a chrome version of my old bumper on as a direct swap for my Jag. I was tempted to do the swap an then sell the pickup and get a double cab.. or another surf!

But as above.. i need to get the land rover thing out of my system!!

I'll be back to the world of Hilux soon enough! For a start these things are almost as tasty as a dodge ram!

Comment

seems a good deal for 300,aslong as its not to rotten ie bulkhead etc,as others have said i wouldnt want one,but each to their own,and if u like tinkering they are perfect for that,i think if was going a little diffrent id get a jeep rengade tho

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
        seems a good deal for 300,aslong as its not to rotten ie bulkhead etc,as others have said i wouldnt want one,but each to their own,and if u like tinkering they are perfect for that,i think if was going a little diffrent id get a jeep rengade tho
        Thankfully the bulkhead is sound. It failed it's mot on the useual leaking wheel hubs, I'll get the grease in there replacing the oil, and a plate required on the rear cross member. Time to bring the welder out every time I weld I set fire to something!!!

To be honest, I have been so used to fixing LR's that the Toyota has left me feeling a little dry! Nothing goes wrong with it! I am obviously a very sad man and should quickly seek help

I once gave myself concussion when I slipped trying to get a seized wheel of an old series - Oh I can't wait

Comment

Originally posted by Mrbill View Post
          Thankfully the bulkhead is sound. It failed it's mot on the useual leaking wheel hubs, I'll get the grease in there replacing the oil, and a plate required on the rear cross member. Time to bring the welder out every time I weld I set fire to something!!!

To be honest, I have been so used to fixing LR's that the Toyota has left me feeling a little dry! Nothing goes wrong with it! I am obviously a very sad man and should quickly seek help

I once gave myself concussion when I slipped trying to get a seized wheel of an old series - Oh I can't wait
          why not put yr effort into modding the surf tho?

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
            why not put yr effort into modding the surf tho?
            Modded already Ball joint spacers, es9000's all round, land cruiser rear springs, 2 inch body lift, new wheels, tyres (not fitted yet - still with the courier) 6 seat conversion, full length roof rack and intercooler on the way as soon as I have a good scoop, TJM front alloy bumper, no rear bumper. inline direct fuel heater for veg oil and HHO electrolysis - no saving in fuel but a good wee power kick! it's a larger cell..

I can't think what else to do really - I might fit a front Aussie locker but I haven't decided yet

Comment

Ooh six seat conversion? How? How much and pics?

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                niiiice!

I've been looking at 110s an 90s recently! With intention of getting one..

Going for a 90 now! After seeing the SVX in a local 4x4 dealership! It HAS to be rag top!!

Now see why doesn't that pic suprise me
                How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Mmmmmm that's better

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
                    Mmmmmm that's better
                    want one but can I have it in red?
                    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                    Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires View Post
                      want one but can I have it in red?
                      You can have the one on the left - we can always get them resprayed the poor things

Lol - makes the landy look like a lego car (the one Rod put up not yours Mrbill as I like it)

Comment

You can have the one on the left - we can always get them resprayed the poor things

Lol - makes the landy look like a lego car (the one Rod put up not yours Mrbill as I like it)
                        Lego car?!?

Its blocky shape is part of its appeal!!

C'mon! Have faith bibs!! Its going to be awesome!!!

i'll be back with a toyota or a dodge in no time aswell.

Comment

Even if you can “penny pinch” it will still cost you a shed load of money to do it properly.

I got lucky with my rebuild, for example one club member bought a Series 3 that had only just had a brand new recon engine fitted a few weeks before. The new owner wanted to fit a diesel engine so I bought the petrol engine (complete with new Webber etc.) for £70. Similar story finding a recon gearbox and a good overdrive.

However I still poured thousands into that rebuild.... and ended up with a nice looking classic Land Rover... but even with lots of new & recon parts the reliability was about on par with the norm for LR’s e.g. dreadful
                          Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Think thats a good buy for £300 although i know next to feckall about land rovers, theres one near me stuck in a garden and covered in green moss stuff, if i had a spare few bob and space i'd be tempted to knock on the door,
                            my sons mate paid over 4 grand for his SWB defender and the engines just blown up!! now he's paying out over 4 grand for a specialest engine to be fitted, god knows what ya get for 4K but it must be $hit hot,

300 quid ya cant go wrong tho, would have thought you'd get that back easy in parts if it all goes south.
                            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Lego car?!?

Its blocky shape is part of its appeal!!

C'mon! Have faith bibs!! Its going to be awesome!!!

i'll be back with a toyota or a dodge in no time aswell.
                              Sorry Rod - looks like it's made of plastic - don't like it.

Yard owner has a Lara Croft lookalike one an that I really like, so it's not coz it's a Landy.

Get a Dodge

Comment

Sorry Rod - looks like it's made of plastic - don't like it.

Yard owner has a Lara Croft lookalike one an that I really like, so it's not coz it's a Landy.

Get a Dodge
                                i'll get a Dodge somwhen!! Prices remain generally uneffected by the credit crunch which shucks when it comes to buying!!

An im glad its not a landy thing bibs.. or you'd be in my bad books... an we dont want that do we...

Comment

Working...
                                X