Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this seem too cheap...

...for what it claims to be?

Works Quattro's are more usually over £100k.

Very nice nonetheless.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

its not a works one

Comment

hmmmmm,i thought the works cars were all short wheelbase,so for a replica i suppose its not a bad price.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Been past there today Andy didn't see it about though, the Toyota with Gulf colours didn't look that good as in the pic

hows that saying ? if it looks too good to be true ...?
        Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

No, I meant 'works spec' as per the ad, sorry.

No Mark, the Quattro cut its teeth as LWB version in the hands of Hannu Mikkola (in the same paint scheme as the eBay one) in about 82 0r 83. SWB works cars sell for quarter million or so on classiccarsforsale.co.uk

£13k seems a bit of a bargain, even for 'works spec'. I was thinking it isn't THAT works spec for that money. There is a Dialynx sticker on the door pillar, and they are the gods of Audi tuning / building, so if they've had their hands on it, its been done properly. Real or not, its still a fast, lairy bit of history for Ford Focus money.

An MR2 painted as a GT40 - thats just so wrong
          Last edited by Apache; 18 April 2009, 23:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            No, I meant 'works spec' as per the ad, sorry.

No Mark, the Quattro cut its teeth as LWB version in the hands of Hannu Mikkola (in the same paint scheme as the eBay one) in about 82 0r 83. SWB works cars sell for quarter million or so on classiccarsforsale.co.uk

£13k seems a bit of a bargain, even for 'works spec'. I was thinking it isn't THAT works spec for that money. Still a fast, lairy bit of history for Ford Focus money.

An MR2 painted as a GT40 - thats just so wrong
            you see,you live and learn something every day,thanks for the info andy.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

I remember being at a stage somewhere when Hannu ripped off a rear wheel / suspension. He completed the stage (at fair speed, it has to be said!) with his co-driver sitting on the spoiler on the opposite side so he didn't rip too much more off the car.

Awesome machine. I was lucky enough to meet him and Michelle Mouton at the launch of the SWB version. Now THAT was one hell of a car!

Comment

yea ive seen the swb ones in action at the festival of speed and at castle coombe.like you say awsome,that and the metro 6r4s.and the rs200s.they just dont make em like that anymore,such a great shame.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

There's a guy down the road from me runs a 6R4 (but one with twin turbos, the original was NA) at the hillclimbs. That thing is so fast as to be nearly undrivable. He probably crashes out 50% of the time! There's a couple of SWB Quattros run too, including the Dialynx one. I was chatting to the driver a few years ago in the pits, and he reckoned he had a conservative 650 - 700BHP available, and the car is just a shell. It's like a ###### rocket off the line!!!

Comment

nevertheless it's a nice car......
                    One day at the time I guess..

Comment

That inspired me to have a look at the Brit Champs hillclimb website and there's a round of the Brit champs next sunday at Prescott (near Cheltenham - half hour from me). I'll be going if the weather's nice.

If anyone fancies it, give us a shout.

Comment

That inspired me to have a look at the Brit Champs hillclimb website and there's a round of the Brit champs next sunday at Prescott (near Cheltenham - half hour from me). I'll be going if the weather's nice.

If anyone fancies it, give us a shout.
                        if the weathers good i think shirl and i might join you on sunday andy.
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Excellent!

I'll give you a bell later in the week and we'll sort it out. It's a great day out cos you can wander round the pits and stuff.

Comment

Excellent!

I'll give you a bell later in the week and we'll sort it out. It's a great day out cos you can wander round the pits and stuff.
                            cool look forward to that then.have you got my moby number.???
                            www.overfab.uk

Comment

I've always wanted one of those Dialynx modded cars. One day, one day...............
                              Signature stolen along with Surf...

Comment

Working...
                              X