tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyres

ok the short list .very short just these really kumho kl71 put on my truck full time my general grabbers to go on the isuzu. set of 5 kumho £396 inc vat .from roughtrax ill have to get them fitted and there will be post .would like to here your opinion before i spend 400 +would i notice any difference off road with these tyres which is the only reason to buy them.thanks steve

yes
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

richard please keep it short you just go on and on and it gives people the hump . im only telling you this as a m8

Comment

You dont say what grabbers you've got on. If they're ATs, you wont notice a huge difference unless its very muddy.

The KL71s are reputed by members who've got them fitted to be reasonable on the tarmac too, unlike some. They also look pretty funky
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          You don't say what grabbers you've got on. If they're ATs, you wont notice a huge difference unless its very muddy.

The KL71s are reputed by members who've got them fitted to be reasonable on the tarmac too, unlike some. They also look pretty funky
          hi i have at2 .if im only going to notice a little difference ill keep my G/G s on and perhaps go the aggressive muds on another set of wheels and change them once or twice a month.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
            yes
            agreed

Comment

I would try silverline and camskill before you pay £400.

Spen £150 more if their 33s and get BFG muds they will last three times as long and are as quite on the road as you GG ATs
              Brian

Comment

If you're gonna have a second set of wheels for muds, just buy some cheap remould muds and go really agressive with something like a Baja Claw copy - no point in spending an arm and a leg if you are gonna play hard with them and risk ripping out tread blocks

If you've got a decent jack and an impact wrench, it only takes ten minutes to change the wheels, and you have the benefit of having top notch mud tyres which will take you through anything, and AT or road tyres which will give you decent handling / low noise / better fuel consumption on the road, and let you go summer laning.

As my truck is my daily drive at the mo, I'd NEVER EVER run aggressive muds on the road again. Way to costly / horrible to drive. I'd suggest that having two sets of wheels is a cheaper option over the long term too.

There's only two reasons for running muds on the road.

1) You're too bone idle to change them - which probably covers the fat b@stards on this forum

2) You think people are impressed

Last edited by Apache; 18 April 2009, 13:25.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

there was a set of 50% worn 33 KL71's yesterday for OK money I think, though if you're not lifted yet of course they'll be no good to you at all!

They are great on the road, much better than my old AT's were

Comment

Im going back to the world of 4x4's in the next several weeks hopefully!

I've been looking at my options an im not sure what i wanna go for!!

Part of me is tempted with General grabber AT's. I plan to go green laning with the new truck as its going to be pretty awesome looking but have tyres that fit properly in the wheel arches aswell!

It all depends on budget really!! The BFG MT is pretty much THE best option! They last, They're quiet and are pretty good in most conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
                      there was a set of 50% worn 33 KL71's yesterday for OK money I think, though if you're not lifted yet of course they'll be no good to you at all!

They are great on the road, much better than my old AT's were
                      You got a link to these ?

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post

Part of me is tempted with General grabber AT's. I plan to go green laning with the new truck as its going to be pretty awesome looking but have tyres that fit properly in the wheel arches aswell!

It all depends on budget really!! The BFG MT is pretty much THE best option! They last, They're quiet and are pretty good in most conditions.
                        inbetween breakdowns

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                          inbetween breakdowns
                          bring 'em on!!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post

Are you fed up of your Montego-jag already???
                            Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
                              Are you fed up of your Montego-jag already???
                              I dont think its a mondeo jag, For a start its an XJ not an X/S type.

An no im not!

Its a really, really nice car!! I just want a truck.

I cant fit jack all in the boot of the jag, So amps etc for the band stuff! An i still make a large portion of my ££ from scrap metal (im not a pikey.. not a proper one anyway!) an i dont want it in the boot of the jag an well.. i couldnt fit enough in to make it worth while.

So another truck would be good!

Its just going to be a bit 'different'

Comment

Working...
                              X