Hopping Mad !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopping Mad !

I've just sold me last Shotgun, and the wife now says " you always wanted a Labrador pup there's one for sale in Lincoln...shall we get it ?" It's a long time since we had a dog in the house ,I don't think I could go through it all again, I had a Doberman before I got married (again) Are there any Labrador owners on here that can impart what to look out for or part time breeders who may have a pup coming up for sale ?
    really don't know what to do here
    Death rides a Black Horse

tell her money is spent on airbrushing

Comment

Trust You ! Brave Boy ! you come up here and tell her, I'm already in bad books for making room for 'Project Surf' ! I think she thought the cash was for her.....wrong

Comment

I,ve no idea what to look for with a Lab puppy but in your position I,d certainly get THE BOSS one. She will look a lot more kindly at "project surf"
        I,m no coward but cut very easily where my BOSS is concerned

cheers Ian
        Last edited by Brummie; 16 April 2009, 22:47.
        I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

My boss succumbs to bribery too

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where, Don't know when tho !!!!
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Thats not bribery its self preservation

Comment

John, as I said I know nothing about labs but try these for info
              www.petplanet.co.uk/dog_breed.asp
              www.thelabradorretrieverclub.com/health.htm

cheers Ian
              P.S. any chance of getting your boss to have a word with mine? I want an other dog and she doesn.t

Comment

Thanks Ian, very useful information, suppose I'll have to buy a Dog guard for me truck ! I am keeping my head down hoping the trail goes cold....fat chance ? I have just been pricing up kennels and runs and stuff this could seriously harm my project Surf budget !

Comment

Tell her stright! if she wants a dog she can pay for it and clear up after it,
                  (this is best done by text when your away from the house)
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
                    Thanks Ian, very useful information, suppose I'll have to buy a Dog guard for me truck ! I am keeping my head down hoping the trail goes cold....fat chance ? I have just been pricing up kennels and runs and stuff this could seriously harm my project Surf budget !
                    Kennel? Run? Just take it for a decent walk twice a day. From what I remember about labradors though, they don't really like being left alone so I wouldn't get on unless one of you is in all day.

Tony (puppywalker) may be able to advise. I think his dogs are labs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                      Kennel? Run? Just take it for a decent walk twice a day. From what I remember about labradors though, they don't really like being left alone so I wouldn't get on unless one of you is in all day.

Tony (puppywalker) may be able to advise. I think his dogs are labs.
                      My thoughts Exactly Sancho !

We had a run at our previous home and the dogs slept out at night in their heavy duty tanalised timber kennel with under floor insulation (better than the house) Dads dogs were gun dogs and were used to outside life, ours however would be left for 4 hours during the day and that is what is putting me off, especially with the neighbours we now have !

Comment

I've had Irish Wolfhounds since 1976, sometimes two and even three in the past. I now have one, who is comming up to 7, which for Wolhounds is getting on. She keeps saying that the next dog we get will be smaller. My reply is, that as long as i can walk, i will have a Wolfhound, as i have had them a lot longer than i have been married.
                        Do i get divorced now or wait till Cori the Wolfhound passes on to the happy hunting ground in the sky??
                        Still Searching,
                        Dick Whittington

Comment

I know there are many doggy people on here and I used to be, however IF you arnt 200% sure I would say no, dogs are and can be great but can also be a huge tie
                          in regard to labs; daft as a brush, sloppy, dustbin (eat anything) dogs can suffer with bad hips , diabetis and often get overweight...they also live for a longer span than many
                          Its your call....I dont envy you!
                          Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                          Tony

Comment

I know all about the ties to home stuff we pay for a house sitter when we go away, we have an African Grey parrot ( Oscar the male chauvenist swears like a trooper) Gerbil called george, 5foot long fish tank with weird looking catfish, and a stray cat we feed twice a day ! Anyway i have cleared the way for my project surf, so she's not talking to me at mo so very peaceful in an icy atmosphere, am safely at work at mo....

Comment

My wife used to do dog sitting and has had many Labs. They are absolute pigs and will eat anything. One ate almost the entire contents of our horse muck heap and then threw it all back up on the kitchen floor. Good luck and get a few mops and buckets first.
                              monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X