1994 Surf - Front Spotlights Switch!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 Surf - Front Spotlights Switch!!

Guys - I have just purchased a 1994 3.0TD Surf, which looks amazingly straight (almost no wear anywhere and 78k miles - so quite a find I hope!). Frustratingly after hours of hunting I still can't find how to switch on the two massive driving lights on the bull bar.
    I've ordered an owners manual on the internet - but any hints would be appreciated to avoid the wait.
    Thanks All.

Originally posted by GatePainter View Post
    Guys - I have just purchased a 1994 3.0TD Surf, which looks amazingly straight (almost no wear anywhere and 78k miles - so quite a find I hope!). Frustratingly after hours of hunting I still can't find how to switch on the two massive driving lights on the bull bar.
    I've ordered an owners manual on the internet - but any hints would be appreciated to avoid the wait.
    Thanks All.
    might sound daft but are they wired up quite a few surfs have them on but are not wired up.
    i x toyoyta surf 1 x toyota supra mk3 turbo auto

Comment

They seem to disconnect them at the time of export. No idea why. Some strange regulation perhaps. Should be a simple job to rewire them.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Are you sure they are on a seperate switch?
        Mine are wired up to the main beam switch.

Comment

Spotlihts - Fixed!

Thanks for the feedback. I put some batteries in the torch and follwed the wires under the dash all the way to the battery. Absolutely spot-on! Both live & earth disconnectd at the battery! I gingerly connected both incase the whole thing caught fire - but so far so good.

It seems that these IPF Sports Lt2 lights are wired seperately from the mainbeam.They have their own two button switch (on/off and Mode1/2 - dipped and full beam).
          Working perfectly now. Thanks for your help.

Next job is to swap out the radio. Any tips on getting the standard japanese radio/cassette out?

GatePainter

Comment

IPF lights can be expensive too. Top notch gear.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
              IPF lights can be expensive too. Top notch gear.
              They couldn't survive a session with Enzo though.

Comment

Working...
              X