Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi fellas, newb to the site here, I'm currently selling my bike and looking for a 2nd gen 3 litre surf, I live in Stevenage Herts and once I get my new toy will be looking for a gentle start to a bit of off roading or green laning if anyone can help in this area.
    Just a quick question, I know most of the surfs are automatic, but what are the manual ones like? not that I'm looking for a manual but I have seen one for sale around here and was wondering if there are any pitfalls over the auto version.

thanks Mick

Welcome, not any pitfalls between manual and auto, obviously you will get a couple of more mpg in a manual but other than that its down to personal choice
    I know of a 3.0 going reasonable price and local
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Welcome to the nuthouse

Make yourself at home and feel free to join in the banter

Before the surf breaking yeti (biohazard) with the toxic bum, we did try housetraining him but Brussels complained of breaching his inhuman rights

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Welcome to the nut house .......beware the squirrel,

as trev has already breifed you on me, i'll just comment on the manual auto question ...........

Manuals = better mpg , Autos in my opinion are better off road
        ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

welcome dude
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

thanks for the welcome, koi do you have any pics of the one for sale round here and a rough price? hopefully my bike will be sold this weekend but it is on fleabay so who knows, once that has gone then i'll seriously start the search.
            are there many lanes round here to drive? I'm new to the off roading thing so will need a few pointers.
            some great pics on this site to "surf" through, i'm looking forward to getting out in the mud.

Comment

Hi Micky

Welcome to the home of the insane surfers.

Where abouts in Stevenage are you ??? if you pop down to Skipton Close(4X4 alley) you'll meet a few surfers and 4WD modders.we're here most days and nights and have a couple of breakers if any parts are needed.

Don't worry about the Yetti and the Squirrel we have early warning systems in place so we can all feel safe.

Hi Trev and Bio and Koi

Cheers
              Paul

Comment

Hi mate, I'm over by sainsburys at poplars, I work lates (4 in afternoon start lorry driving is good for strange start times) so I'm about during daytimes, good to see there's other like minded people around here, I'll have to pop over sometime
                Last edited by mickyd; 7 April 2009, 10:37.

Comment

[QUOTE=mickyd;544250]thanks for the welcome, koi do you have any pics of the one for sale round here and a rough price?

No pics but its local so could arrange a viewing as for price around £1750 but negotiable
                  Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                  My choice
                  Back off

Comment

Working...
                  X