CB aerial mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB aerial mount

Ive bought a Danita 3000 cb. Has anybody used the wing-mirror location for an aerial stud-mount?
    I know the other options are removable roof mag-mount, spare-wheel carrier using a clamp mount. I like the mini-springers as I want it mounted permanently and I have a low garage height about 10 inch above rear spoiler.
    chris
    Powered by Toyota!

i mounted my mini-springers on the spare wheel arm. If you want a pic let me know and i will post it
    Show me where the trench is at or can i make one!

Comment

I have just installed my CB and after a lot of pondering about where to locate the aeriel I settled on the spare wheel carrier. Its reading just under 1 on the SWR meter so its getting a good signal.
      Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

I'm moving mine from the rear wheel carrier to the roof soon, though was considering the bonnet too.

Wheel carrier is a crap ground plane. OK for short range when your in convoy though.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          I'm moving mine from the rear wheel carrier to the roof soon, though was considering the bonnet too.

Wheel carrier is a crap ground plane. OK for short range when your in convoy though.
          are so is that the reason i have a range of about 30 feet .if i cant see ya i cant hear ya

Comment

Could be. Its also a long cable run to the back, so that's lossy as well. I'm gonna relocate my CB to a roof console, and a couple of feet of decent coax to the antenna on the roof.

Min cable loss, max power to the antenna, and a decent groundplane.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

If you are going to use the wheel carrier as a mount add some extra wire as a bonding to the chassis this should improve the chances of getting a good ground
              Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Working...
              X