Milners or Roughtrax ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milners or Roughtrax ?

Got my Surf over a pit yesterday to grease up the balljoints and found that I will need a main silencer and tailpipe, they are as rotton as a pear so thought to check prices at Milners and Roughtrax. Milners are a lot cheaper but are Roughtrax exhausts so much better to warrent the difference in price?
    To be honest if I could get the right bends I,d loose the middle box entirely and just put a straight through pipe there. I recon it would sound nice.
    I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

if u intend keeping it,get one made up without boxes mate

Comment

Ran mine for a while with no box and it does sound nice, also sounds nice with a 3" pipewerx box, and 3" homemade pipe, roughtrax seems slightly better quality stuff but on the other hand i've never been disapointed with milners, for bits like exhaust i'd go for the cheaper one
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Bought a centre box off ebay about 3 years ago for £70. Been solid, no problems. I'd agree, go cheapest unless you go stainless.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Milners
          only coz its in matlock bath
          cheaper to pick it up brummie 25 quid cheaper too
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I think I,ll go to milners unless I can find somewhere to make a straight through .
            Funny the main stealers didnt find this when they did the safety checks when they were doing the recall last week they didn,t notice that I need a wiper blade on the near side either. They did phone me up and say that it was pulling to the left and would I like them to investigate.AS IF!Thats the one and only time they will lay thier money grabbing greasy paws on it (he says with fingers crossed and touching wood)

cheers Ian
            I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

Originally posted by Brummie View Post
              Thanks for the advice. I think I,ll go to milners unless I can find somewhere to make a straight through .
              Funny the main stealers didnt find this when they did the safety checks when they were doing the recall last week they didn,t notice that I need a wiper blade on the near side either. They did phone me up and say that it was pulling to the left and would I like them to investigate.AS IF!Thats the one and only time they will lay thier money grabbing greasy paws on it (he says with fingers crossed and touching wood)

cheers Ian
              google powerflow exausts in your area,loads of agents in the uk,a few here had them done if i remember right,not as expensive as you would think

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                google powerflow exausts in your area,loads of agents in the uk,a few here had them done if i remember right,not as expensive as you would think
                Mine was £275 from the cross pipe exiting tight behind the rear wheel with a nice end
                Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                Tony

Comment

Working...
                X