hot trans box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hot trans box

the transfer box and autobox are getting really hot.i think the tranfer box is probably making the autobox hot.
    checked autobox level and is ok.
    any suggestions any1 ?
    sigos85@hotmail.com

Originally posted by 286bhp View Post
    the transfer box and autobox are getting really hot.i think the tranfer box is probably making the autobox hot.
    any suggestions any1 ?
    The auto box will get very hot, it's designed to run at about 80 centigrade.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

where is the autobox cooler on a 3l ............as the 2.4 is in the rad and clogs up with mud when offroaded causing the autobox to over heat and cook the oil

Also how old is the autobox oil it may need renewing
      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Same place, in the rad. The ATF generally causes overheating of the rad coolant, hence the sddition of ATF coolers before the rad cooler.

Extra cooler takes excess ATF heat out, rad cooler gets ATF temp back to 'roughly' optimum.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by 286bhp View Post
          any suggestions any1 ?
          By the design nature of an autobox, the compression of the fluid during normal operation will cause the atf to get hot. Compressing any medium continuously will generate heat. In addition, the turning of the various gears etc within the box will generate heat. Manual boxes get hot as well so nothing to worry about as long as the fluids in good condition and the cooler is operating as intended.
          That'll fit!

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
            where is the autobox cooler on a 3l ............as the 2.4 is in the rad and clogs up with mud when offroaded causing the autobox to over heat and cook the oil

Also how old is the autobox oil it may need renewing
            cheers 4 that.
            changed fluid and rad after i came off roading last.
            sigos85@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
              Same place, in the rad. The ATF generally causes overheating of the rad coolant, hence the sddition of ATF coolers before the rad cooler.

Extra cooler takes excess ATF heat out, rad cooler gets ATF temp back to 'roughly' optimum.
              sounds like thats the next job..extra cooler. nice 1 apachie.
              sigos85@hotmail.com

Comment

There's no need for extra cooling unless you're carrying a serious load or towing over 1400kg.

If you're overheating under normal usage then you've got a problem that needs sorting before you think about adding additional cooling ..........

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

My truck temps are always spot on, but I noticed towing a 2ton trailer to the clog that engine temps climbed dramatically on a long uphill stretch of motorway, I think my atf may be past it's best but I would def fit an inline cooler if I was doing a lot of towing.
                  Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
                  X