nice bar planty
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      nice bar planty
      cheers marky,

i did look at just about every set of bars out there, while i was waiting for the SVA and MOT etc. these were new in at the time and i'm told the first (and as of last week) still the only set out there on a surf (there's a set on a pick-up somewhere in bristol....). i've just added a bonnet guard which looks rather good to. it's slightly different from a lot i've seen, it has a raised lip in the middle that follows the 'hump' in the middle of the bonnet, gives it a kindda sculptured look.......well i like it anyway....

see ya'll
      Planty

Comment

looking good, good choice tim
        (\__/)
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Smurf
          Slim
          My bullbars are full bars ie go around headlamp area too, what i want is a standard Toyota a-frame bar instead.
          I told them that it had bullbars and now they have decided that it is not insurable with them, i dont think the standard ones are actually classed as bullbars.
          Here is what i have
          here are my bull bars that was on the truck when i got it, dont know if i should tell insuance or not,problem is if iam involved in an accident then they could say that i didnt declare any mods and could be in a spot of bover!!!!!!!.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by slim; 9 May 2004, 15:47.
          CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

edit. manage attachments. upload. close window when uploaded then submit reply
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

edit. manage attachments. upload. close window when uploaded then submit reply
              cheers marky, first time image was to large!!!

Comment

No problem i could sense you were struggling with that one mate
                (\__/)
                (")_(")

Comment

Bullbars

mine have a TOYOTA logo on
                  Marky yours is an "A" BAR
                  Live Life To The Full

Comment

Hi all,had my truck nearly 3 years now,I've gone through Tescos
                    insurance,they were the only ones I found that wanted to insure
                    an inport,also they were not to bothered about any mod to the
                    truck as long as it was not to the engine or brakes,worth a try?
                    GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

If you have anything other than the factory fitted Toyota A-frame nudge bar fitted then your insurance company could decide this is an undeclared modification and may invalidate your policy.

If in doubt inform your insurance company about any non standard parts fitted to your car. Things to think about should include:

1) Bullbars/A-frames/nudgebars/towbars.
                      2) Engine modifications (air intake, re-bores, exhaust, etc)
                      3) Window tints (seem to be on most Surfs)
                      4) Suspension Modifications (e.g. 2"+ coils)
                      5) Brake system modifications.
                      6) Non standard wheels (if you've not got the standard alloys- your insurance company will need to know)
                      7) Mud terrain or other non-standard tyres (e.g. >29.5")
                      8) Non Toyota stereo.
                      9) Additional lighting (e.g. spots)
                      10) Drive train mods (re-geared diff, etc)
                      11) Other mods - Body lifts etc.

If you don't declare any of the above it might predjudice any claim you make.

Nevillef

Comment

Hi all,

I phoned Tesco months ago when this subject first came up (after someone had a bump and got stiffed I think.). They said that they would note my call and the fact that there was an A-bar fitted but it wasn't a problem.

I use NIG for my business insurance at the moment and they look for every chance they can to increase my premium. I worked air side in an airport for 3 days last year and my policy went up 60%!!! ouch... If I can find anyone else to cover me this year I will happily part company with them. Probably one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with.

Phil.

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
                          If you have anything other than the factory fitted Toyota A-frame nudge bar fitted then your insurance company could decide this is an undeclared modification and may invalidate your policy.

If in doubt inform your insurance company about any non standard parts fitted to your car. Things to think about should include:

1) Bullbars/A-frames/nudgebars/towbars.
                          2) Engine modifications (air intake, re-bores, exhaust, etc)
                          3) Window tints (seem to be on most Surfs)
                          4) Suspension Modifications (e.g. 2"+ coils)
                          5) Brake system modifications.
                          6) Non standard wheels (if you've not got the standard alloys- your insurance company will need to know)
                          7) Mud terrain or other non-standard tyres (e.g. >29.5")
                          8) Non Toyota stereo.
                          9) Additional lighting (e.g. spots)
                          10) Drive train mods (re-geared diff, etc)
                          11) Other mods - Body lifts etc.

If you don't declare any of the above it might predjudice any claim you make.

Nevillef
                          thats me then cause ive got 1-8-9 may as well not be insured???

Comment

My insurance company told me that the only mod's they were interested in were to the engine, brakes, steering and supension. As long as any tints in the driving cab windows were legal that was OK too. The most worrying thing for them was my postcode!I'm with norwich Union Direct.
                            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Got it sorted!!!!

I still hate the way the company dealt with the problem but i now have insurance which is allowing the A-bar and spots which will hopefully get sorted soon, in the meantime the front end is looking a bit sad!!
                              The most annoying thing is that today they told me if it couldnt get sorted they would just give me a policy with another insurance company, why they didnt offer that option in the first place i will never know????
                              They decided they would allow a bar as long as it is on oe fitment!!
                              If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
                              I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X