Bulbars & Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulbars & Insurance

I took out my insurance and could swear i told them over the phone that the truck has a bullbar but i wasnt sure if it was an oe option or aftermarket as it was on the car when i bought it !! I have just had a letter from my insurance company telling me they are cancelling my policy in 7 days time as they will not cover the surf with bullbars on it.
    They are saying they have a recording of the conversation and i didnt state that it was a modification so they want to cancel and refund minus 1 month cover costs but also minus £25 admin, 15% insurers charge and 10% brokers charge, which adds up to about £160 !!!!!!!!
    Are bullbars an oe option on surfs and if so what type of bars were fitted, was it just a small bar for spots????
    Needless to say i am a little bit upset with them but have told them i will remove the bullbars and want to know why they didnt just ask me to do that in the 1st place???
    They said they will have to check to see if they can cover if i remove the bars so i suspect there may be some other problem and they are not admitting it, has anyone else had this grief??
    If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
    I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Weve been down this road before & they are standard equipment & not a mod i think that was the general outcome.
    mine is oe standard toyota equipment
    Attached Files
    Last edited by marky; 30 March 2007, 13:59.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Smurf
      I took out my insurance and could swear i told them over the phone that the truck has a bullbar but i wasnt sure if it was an oe option or aftermarket as it was on the car when i bought it !! I have just had a letter from my insurance company telling me they are cancelling my policy in 7 days time as they will not cover the surf with bullbars on it.
      They are saying they have a recording of the conversation and i didnt state that it was a modification so they want to cancel and refund minus 1 month cover costs but also minus £25 admin, 15% insurers charge and 10% brokers charge, which adds up to about £160 !!!!!!!!
      Are bullbars an oe option on surfs and if so what type of bars were fitted, was it just a small bar for spots????
      Needless to say i am a little bit upset with them but have told them i will remove the bullbars and want to know why they didnt just ask me to do that in the 1st place???
      They said they will have to check to see if they can cover if i remove the bars so i suspect there may be some other problem and they are not admitting it, has anyone else had this grief??

Who are the Insurance Company?
      Powered by ????

Comment

Originally posted by RobD
        Who are the Insurance Company?
        Yeah ....... Name and shame. Scumbags. Insurance is legalised theft! They are dodgier than Arthur Daley. Down there with traffic wardens, estate agents and lawyers. Have I upset anyone?
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

The brokers are PRESTIGE and the actual insurance company is NIG
          Anybody else use them?????

Comment

The brokers are PRESTIGE and the actual insurance company is NIG
            Anybody else use them?????

ermmmmmmmmm nope and won't now.
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

Does anybody have an original small bar set for a surf and would be wanting to swap for a big set???
              I think i will try and put a toyota bar on and then tell them it is not a mod!!!
              Last edited by Smurf; 8 May 2004, 14:24.

Comment

hi i have bull bars and go through the same insurance company nig. i didnt tell them that it had any mod,s on the truck as ive been led to beleave that these are a o/e and not a mod, my truck came into the country like this. i have seen a lot of surfs with identical bars. but now you mention this iam little concerned, how did they know that you had bull bars on in the first place. there must be some info somwhere to prove that they are an o/e. we all know that insurance company,s dont like to pay out if they can get away with it so it,s a good job that you found out sooner rather than later!!!!!
                CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

mine have a TOYOTA logo on
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by marky; 30 March 2007, 13:59.
                  (\__/)
                  (")_(")

Comment

Slim
                    My bullbars are full bars ie go around headlamp area too, what i want is a standard Toyota a-frame bar instead.
                    I told them that it had bullbars and now they have decided that it is not insurable with them, i dont think the standard ones are actually classed as bullbars.
                    Here is what i have
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Smurf; 8 May 2004, 18:03.

Comment

What will they do now, if you tell them that you have removed them ????
                      (\__/)
                      (")_(")

Comment

I have now removed them and am expecting them to say they will continue cover, I am hoping they will say they still dont want to insure it and that they will refund pro-rata without extra charges as i really dont want to be insured with them anymore but dont want to lose out on that money, could buy some toys for her with that!!!!

Comment

Its arguable as a mod as you have not modified it as all surf seem to have these fitted as standard. let us know what the outcome is on this subject
                          (\__/)
                          (")_(")

Comment

Have just put my Bars in the for sale section so hopefully someone will want them and will have a deal with me for their A-bars!!!
                            That way i should be sorted and the insurance cant moan as it is not a mod!!
                            Will be phoning them on monday morning for a chat, tried yesterday afternoon and this morning but they seem to be avoiding me at the moment, it would seem they didnt like my tone or volume last time LOL

Comment

Slim
                              My bullbars are full bars ie go around headlamp area too, what i want is a standard Toyota a-frame bar instead.
                              hey smurf,
                              you can get a nice a set of 65mm A-bars from roughtrax (with a toyota logo on....) all for 120 quid plus vat.

see ya'll
                              Planty
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X