No announcement yet.

ARRRRGH Lucifer I am going to kill you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARRRRGH Lucifer I am going to kill you.

Lucifer was going in to have 2 stainless exhausts built and be m o teed on Saturday. Bring it in at 9 he says ok I say I'll drive it down.
    So get up early go out to my truck fire it up then it starts missing then cuts out. At 10.30 I call the guy and tell him. Don't worry he says bring it in when its running. So 4.30 in the afternoon and a new set of points condenser dizzy cap and 2 coils later nothing just stinking of fuel. 7.30 at night and I give up. Went quad bike racing all day Sunday and worked on the truck all day Monday. Tuesday Morning I order a brand new electronic distributor. Tuesday afternoon (today) I finally diagnose the problem too much fuel pressure has forced the fuel past the valve seat and out the overflows back into the carb filling all 8 bores and the sump.
    So I drain all the oil fill it with fresh and spin it over with no plugs in to empty the bores. So now I await a fuel pressure regulator and new distributor. Time is running out now its supposed to be on the modified 4x4 stand at Peterborough truckfest in 4 weeks, and I don't even have any exhausts yet.
    monstercreations.org.uk

oh yea,your running a holley four barrel arnt you steve,forgot to tell you the holleys are prone for doing that.pressure regulator will sort that out though.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
      oh yea,your running a holley four barrel arnt you steve,forgot to tell you the holleys are prone for doing that.pressure regulator will sort that out though.
      I wish you had'nt forgot BTW I have a brick if you want to borrow it.
      monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
        I wish you had'nt forgot BTW I have a brick if you want to borrow it.
        well if you had said earlier i might of remembered . ......... i might just take said brick off your hands.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

no paint either

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
            no paint either
            You can still paint it. If I start pushing now I should reach Brighton by about September.
            monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

well if you had said earlier i might of remembered . ......... i might just take said brick off your hands.
              Hey Mark I bought a lucas 35 DLM8 electronic dizzy the one with the box on the side and 2 connectors. According to RPI you just need conect the live to the live on the coil and negative to negative on the coil to make it run. Matey who I bought it off on evilbay mails me today and says I need a wiring harness for £15 is he on the blag or what?
              monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

You can still paint it. If I start pushing now I should reach Brighton by about September.
                we will get it done eventually on a side note just invested a v nice airbrush and have a nicely prepped bonnet hanging from my kitchen wall ready to start for my truck,i'm putting the grim reaper on it for mine

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                  we will get it done eventually on a side note just invested a v nice airbrush and have a nicely prepped bonnet hanging from my kitchen wall ready to start for my truck,i'm putting the grim reaper on it for mine
                  Oh that sounds so cool might have to borrow it for truckfest and then just keep it . You can have my old one
                  monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Oh that sounds so cool might have to borrow it for truckfest and then just keep it . You can have my old one
                    lol ive worked out roughly wots goin on it and approx 100 ish hours to do on it

Comment

Hey Mark I bought a lucas 35 DLM8 electronic dizzy the one with the box on the side and 2 connectors. According to RPI you just need conect the live to the live on the coil and negative to negative on the coil to make it run. Matey who I bought it off on evilbay mails me today and says I need a wiring harness for £15 is he on the blag or what?
                      seriously the best thing you can do with that dizzy is bin it.if it has the three pin connector you will need part of the loom two pin wire it up as you said.
                      Last edited by surfenstein; 31 March 2009, 21:56.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

seriously the best thing you can do with that dizzy is bin it.if it has the three pin connector you will need part of the loom two pin wire it up as you said.
                        Its this one 2 pin amp got to be better than points surely.
                        http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=150335393854
                        monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Its this one 2 pin amp got to be better than points surely.
                          http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=150335393854
                          no not really they were shite,at least with points you can see if they are burnt out which they will every 100 miles or so on that engine.like i said in a previous post what you need is the lumention kit,never had one let me down yet.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                          X