Originally posted by animal View Post
      ok no problem
      give me a call tomorrow some time and we can arrange something ,
      my mobile number is 07895 393564
      steve
      after spendin the day preppin my bonnet lol,god damn thats cheap

Comment

lol
        re-laquering is quite straight forward really, ideally it could probably do with recolouring first but if its anything like my surf roof was it will come up quite well with a re-laquer, and i stock 2k laqure on my van anyway so not a problem

i try to help as and when i can
        PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

ok no problem
          give me a call tomorrow some time and we can arrange something ,
          my mobile number is 07895 393564
          steve
          Thanks again. i will call you
          Live the dream.......

Comment

did you sort something in the end mate as you were going to call me back to sort a day?

Comment

wanna do mine instead?

Comment

bring it to me and ill do it no problem

Comment

bring it to me and ill do it no problem
                  dont tempt me

Comment

How much sanding does it need? Do you take of all the lacquer or just rough it up? What about the blown bits, do you have to take it all back to the paint?

What about the edges? Where do you stop? How do you avoid a ridge?

Why do only the roofs go?

?

Comment

All depends how bad it is, roof's and bonnets are the useual bits to go, prob summat to do with em being constantly in the full glare of sun, rain etc,
                      i'm no sprayer but if you rub through to the colour coat (metalics)then you'll prob need to re spray the colour as well, edgeing off is always a prob with matalics, best to re paint to a seam/trim or the narrow'st section and feather off there where you can compound it easyly, non matalics are much easier, you can compound a join out and make it pretty well invisable, for a surf roof i'd paint to both sides (door top rubbers) and across the front pillars at the top, at the rear id repaint down around the rear side windows and include the rear wings down to the trim,if your carefull in sanding (1200 grade with plenty of soapy water) you may be able to get just enough of the laquer to just relaquer it, a good way to tell is wet the surface well after rubbing a bit and the water will give some idea of what it'll look like with new laquer on, Hope that bit makes sense!!
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Thanks Popeye, you are always lookin out for me

Sounds like a lot of work for just a couple of rough / white patches on my roof! Is there a quick and dirty way to do it? Just spray it over the bad bits after a little sanding?

Always seems that anything to do with car paintwork involves stripping whole car back to bare metal

Comment

Give those spots a light rub down and see what they look like, ya may well get away with sparying some laquer on them long as the old stuff aint peeling all over the place, if it all goes ###'s up hand paint the roof black or summat, could look ok if ya mask up all round, use a good brush, not one of those cheapo dog hair B&Q ones (or stick a vinal roof on there)
                          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Why not cut the roof off and fit a rag top ??????

PS
                            Anybody got an idea of how much it'd cost to get my bonnet re-sprayed - it's got some scorch marks on it .......

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

in a bodyshop you are probably talking about 250-400 for a bonnet respray , im doing a peugeot 206 bonnet tomorrow for a member of another club for £70

Comment

Working...
                              X