Good news on my Jag!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news on my Jag!

Well thursday it went in for its check over to make sure it wasn't a steaming pile of sh!t...

other then a tiny drip on the transmission oil cooler its tip top!! The rear bumper will need securing properly in order to pass its MOT. So im working on that and the dent tomorrow!! Should be looking good in no time!

Got a quote from my mates body shop... £2291!!

Thats a new panel and bumper, cut and remove the old one an spray the new one...

So i booked it in at 'Red neck engineering + body works' AKA - My uncles place!

u get wot u pay for tho

Comment

when i read the title rod, i thought you were going to say some nice person had nicked it and replaced it with a less poofy motor....say, a nissan micra?
      i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79 View Post
        when i read the title rod, i thought you were going to say some nice person had nicked it and replaced it with a less poofy motor....say, a nissan micra?
        I thought nissan as well...what are they called...kumquat or something like that
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post

Got a quote from my mates body shop... £2291!!

Not THAT much of a mate then!

Get down to MachineMart and get yourself a panel beating hammer and dollies, plus a slide hammer and pull those dents out. Bit of filler and black paint, sorted.

S'wot I would do anyway.

Comment

So whatdo you save in mpg ? and is the insurance any cheaper ?
            Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Not THAT much of a mate then!

Get down to MachineMart and get yourself a panel beating hammer and dollies, plus a slide hammer and pull those dents out. Bit of filler and black paint, sorted.

S'wot I would do anyway.
              Funny you should mention that...

Today i removed the dent an refixed the bumper! The bumper is now rock solid!!

the dent is a million times better but does need some filler an some paint! So i'll get a few quotes.. if its too expensive i'll do it myself!! coming along nicely this...

Comment

I would suggest a tech week-end on body repairs and detailing, but 99% of them on here would rather just keep their vehicles dirty to hide any damage.

Comment

I would suggest a tech week-end on body repairs and detailing, but 99% of them on here would rather just keep their vehicles dirty to hide any damage.
                  You're welcome to come up here and polish mine! It's not rusty and not dented (if you ignore the bumpers), it's just dirty...
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

EDIT: ......and too Lazy to clean them.

Comment

EDIT: ......and too Lazy to clean them.
                      Damn you and your EDITS...
                      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

it was a bit of a nightmare getting it looking half decent. There was a monster crease by the rear light cluster an that was stopping the panel from coming out correctly but in the same it was hard to get the crease out without seeing where the panel needed to come out too.

Still, The bracket work was a master class in fabrication and erm...bodging!! Got the bumper sorted which ive been told is pretty much the only thing that would stop it getting an MOT!!

Comment

Hmmm has my PC accidently redirected to some Jag owners site or something? I thought this was the Toyota Surf forum

Filler? I’d never use the stuff, it is only for a temporary bodging and will probably fall out when you hit a pot-hole. I have rebuilt / restored old classics in the past and I’m a firm believer in repairing panels using the same material as the originals where made of, steel or aluminium... not those nasty plastic fillers.
                          Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
                            So whatdo you save in mpg ? and is the insurance any cheaper ?
                            MPG in town isn't as good as i had hoped.. hovering around 20. Which is still better then the surf. But on the roads leading into town im getting around 35-37. Thats a steady 50-60mph all the way in! So perfect! The surfs 15mpg no matter what...

Insurance...adrian flux only charged a £25 admin fee to swap over. But i've already saved £15 just from being to able to park in the normal car parks!!
                            Originally posted by PDR View Post
                            Hmmm has my PC accidently redirected to some Jag owners site or something? I thought this was the Toyota Surf forum

Filler? I’d never use the stuff, it is only for a temporary bodging and will probably fall out when you hit a pot-hole. I have rebuilt / restored old classics in the past and I’m a firm believer in repairing panels using the same material as the originals where made of, steel or aluminium... not those nasty plastic fillers.
                            You know aswell as everyone else this forum doesn't stick to surfs!!

Normally, I'd agree with you about doing a proper repair job. That filler isn't the right stuff..but im not doing a restoration or even a repair on an expensive car... It was £1300!!! My mate wants more then that for his astra of the same year... So, Tell me you wouldn't use filler just for the sake of making a cheap car look good!

Comment

15 mpg....? is that the best it will do ?

just when i got our Chris to go halves with me he saw that and fainted, (typical puff on a quad bike) no sense of adventure !
                              Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Working...
                              X