wheel and tyre combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel and tyre combo

hello guys i need some advice have been looking through formula 4x4 catalogue at their wheel and tyre combos and have spoted a budget set of 8spoke steels and remould m/t's for about £210 it says toyota fitment but am wondering if i will have to change the wheel nuts to take the steel rims as i have the standard 2nd gen alloys on if they will i want to get a set for the pit as i only have a/t's and want something better grip wise and some wheels that dont matter if they get scuffed up playing in the mud

You will have to order new nuts!. They sell them too @ £1 each plus vat!
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Originally posted by Lickit
      hello guys i need some advice have been looking through formula 4x4 catalogue at their wheel and tyre combos and have spoted a budget set of 8spoke steels and remould m/t's for about £210 it says toyota fitment but am wondering if i will have to change the wheel nuts to take the steel rims as i have the standard 2nd gen alloys on if they will i want to get a set for the pit as i only have a/t's and want something better grip wise and some wheels that dont matter if they get scuffed up playing in the mud
      Try www.4x4accessoriesandtyres.com in my humble opinion you get better sevice and they are a bit better priced.

sumo.
      If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
        Try www.4x4accessoriesandtyres.com in my humble opinion you get better sevice and they are a bit better priced.

sumo.

I have just bought new 8 spoke white Colway 31x10.5/15 AT's from this place (200 mile round trip) and it cost me £250 inc for the wheels,tyres and balanced and then about 60p per nut.
        Last edited by Gizmo; 11 May 2004, 00:21. Reason: adding piccie
        Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Lickit
          i want to get a set for the pit as i only have a/t's and want something better grip wise

I've run the Bullet on BFG A/T's all winter on some of the muddiest sites and they are definately up to all but the very deepest mud... I just drop the pressure to about 20psi if it's really muddy. Gamedawn (Roger the winchman) runs a similar setup.
          I'm not saying dont get M/T's if thats what you want, but dont panic if you dont get them in time for the pit. Unless your A/T's are very badly worn you'll cope ok, take the time to find the right tyre/wheel combo for you!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X