@ Bushwhacker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Bushwhacker

Here they are Vince the sensor the adaptor and thats the old sensor on the inlet manifold.

monstercreations.org.uk

Looking at the photos I would say that it should fit. Did you remove the old one and try? Screw the adapter in first then the sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Looking at the photos I would say that it should fit. Did you remove the old one and try? Screw the adapter in first then the sensor.
      Done that Vince thats how I know it don't fit. I measured the thread on the old sensor with my vernier 15.65 and the adaptor 16.65 or therabouts.
      I have emailed the guy who sold it me to see if he does different one's.
      monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

I had trouble when i fitted my aftermarket stuff, the bolck adaptor was slightly different thread to the threaded hole in the block (only went in a turn before it jammed) if you get no joy from the seller i'll try and find the paperwork from the place i used, i sent em the original sender and the new adaptor and they either made or had one and sent the whole lot back,,
        just went through my fav list so i could post the link but they aint there,
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
          Done that Vince thats how I know it don't fit. I measured the thread on the old sensor with my vernier 15.65 and the adaptor 16.65 or therabouts.
          I have emailed the guy who sold it me to see if he does different one's.
          As long as stated what engine it was for when you ordered it, he should replace it free of charge.

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
            I had trouble when i fitted my aftermarket stuff, the bolck adaptor was slightly different thread to the threaded hole in the block (only went in a turn before it jammed) if you get no joy from the seller i'll try and find the paperwork from the place i used, i sent em the original sender and the new adaptor and they either made or had one and sent the whole lot back,,
            just went through my fav list so i could post the link but they aint there,
            Thanks I might give you a shout if I get no joy.

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            As long as stated what engine it was for when you ordered it, he should replace it free of charge.
            It was sold as a universal fit so not sure on that one.
            monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Had a reply this is what he said.
              Hi Steve, to be honest mate 95% of the gauges use the same size adapters (1/8npt) including all the gauges designed by auto gauge. I have had a look this morning and can not find any other adapters.
              If you want to return the gauge for a refund its no problem.
              monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Looked through a box of prehistoric tools my dad gave me and found a 1/8 tap. Cut the ends off the old sensor drilled an 8mm hole ran the tap through and hey presto.
                monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Thats the feller!! could'nt remember the sizes, thats what the bloke said were i got my stuff hole in the block is 1/8 and the new bits were 1/8npt

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                    Thats the feller!! could'nt remember the sizes, thats what the bloke said were i got my stuff hole in the block is 1/8 and the new bits were 1/8npt
                    Yeah but the best bit is I then went and fitted it fired it up let it run for ten mins went and looked at the gauge and, Zero. The f*****g thing don't work.
                    I give up.
                    monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Know the feeling, the two temp gauges i got for the trans fluid packed up in a couple of weeks, all they do now is the ign on sweep! then sod all, look nice tho, thats chinese shoit for ya, when will i ever learn you get what you pay for,

Comment

Working...
                      X