2nd gen load cover in 3rd gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd gen load cover in 3rd gen

as the heading says, will it fit, i am after a load cover theres one on ebay, i have the fixings in the surf already just need to know if the fittings were changed in the models.
    thanx
    i x toyoyta surf 1 x toyota supra mk3 turbo auto

I think Kevin Turner tried and found they were different.i may be wrong tho but i know i sold the brackets to him and they wouldn't fit
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

99.99% sure they're different, after all the 3rd gen load area is wider isn't it?
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

110% sure it won't fit, well not properly anyway.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I will take the load cover out my 2nd gen and try it in my 3rd gen at weekend to confirm whether or not it will fit.
          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2 View Post
            I will take the load cover out my 2nd gen and try it in my 3rd gen at weekend to confirm whether or not it will fit.
            thanks

Comment

I have tried as best I could to see if it will fit . The only prob I can see at present is where the mounting brackets will fit as there is no holes or pre marked areas to remove to mount the brackets . Without removing the trims , which I dont want to do at the mo , I dont know if the frame of the inner panel has the correct steel mount to fit the brackets onto . I dont know of any 3rd gen with a load cover , does anyone have one ?
              I think if you were to spend enough time removing the trim and brave enough to cut up your 3rd gen then it may fit as the material part is about the right width but not sure if long enough as I think the 3rd gen load area is longer then the 2nd gen .
              Sorry could not be of more help . If you were closer I would lend you the cover and brackets for you to try .
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2 View Post
                I have tried as best I could to see if it will fit . The only prob I can see at present is where the mounting brackets will fit as there is no holes or pre marked areas to remove to mount the brackets . Without removing the trims , which I dont want to do at the mo , I dont know if the frame of the inner panel has the correct steel mount to fit the brackets onto . I dont know of any 3rd gen with a load cover , does anyone have one ?
                I think if you were to spend enough time removing the trim and brave enough to cut up your 3rd gen then it may fit as the material part is about the right width but not sure if long enough as I think the 3rd gen load area is longer then the 2nd gen .
                Sorry could not be of more help . If you were closer I would lend you the cover and brackets for you to try .

hi m8 thanks for looking, i already have brackets already fitted, would it help if i took a pic of what i have got..

Comment

Vagrant No2, any chance you could take a couple of pictures of where the mounting brackets are located please. Bought some brackets from Lord Lucan and was kindly given a load cover by Kevin Turner but a little help on where to fit them would be appreciated.

(Sorry for hijacking your thread Supra!)
                  'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                    Vagrant No2, any chance you could take a couple of pictures of where the mounting brackets are located please. Bought some brackets from Lord Lucan and was kindly given a load cover by Kevin Turner but a little help on where to fit them would be appreciated.

(Sorry for hijacking your thread Supra!)
                    no probs if it helps us all i can put a pic of mine but it would be from interior only not behind the panels.

Comment

Working...
                    X