yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent! Please save my marriage, I've broke our Surf!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent! Please save my marriage, I've broke our Surf!!!

We picked up a 92 Surf last week and it was working perfectly and we were really pleased with it. However in I got in there last night with a manual trying to get to know all the knobs and buttons and I've done something that has stopped the gear box working and my husband is jumping up and down like a banshee as we can't get it to engage in any gear (and he is not a much of a techie)!!!! Does anyone have any ideas what I could have done? I confess that I've fiddled about with the 4WD button /selector as well as using the main gear selector and the OD off button, all whilst the car was not running, but I thought I left it as I found it. Any help or advice would be most grateful as I am feeling a bit girlie and pathetic and my husband is very cross with me!!!

Sounds like you have put the 4wd lever in the neutral position, if so you won't be able to select any gears
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post
      Sounds like you have put the 4wd lever in the neutral position, if so you won't be able to select any gears
      .... so if you pull the smaller gear lever back as far as it will go, you will have fixed it. Now don't do it again!!!!
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Tch! Women eh?
        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

sorry but i did find it funny really.Just do like the others have said and make sure the truck is not in 4wd before driving off tho
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thats got to be one of the best first posts ever ..........

Welcome to the nuthouse .....beware the squirrel

as above hi low lever ,
            ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

next one,the red button?
              I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

Not forgeting the "where's the fog light" switch.

Welcome, by the way.

Hope you have a good stay with us.
                If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Welcome to the nuthouse, I'm the squirrel the old windbag warned you about

Make yourself at home, feel free to join in the banter, just don't play with the controls

Trev
                  Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

oops, sorry, to busy being "clever" to mind my manners. Welcome to the forum
                    I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

Classic ....
                      What was ya always told as a Child "Don't touch anything"

Hi n welcome n you'll be back !! That's what we're ere for .....

There's always a Payback .... It'll take longer than five minutes tho !!!!
                      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Welcome to the asylum - just remember that some of the guys in white coats are inmates !

If you've got any more confessions like that you're gonna need a thick skin with this bunch ........

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

I'm not far behind, just after i got mine i parked up and left the lever in drive, and was about to wig out big time when i realised what i'd done,

welcome btw!!

ps if your marrage all depends on the truck breaking down you'd better start looking for another partner now
                          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Vicki's rung me twice, and the AA once cos she couldn't start her VW. Each time its been because she's left it in 'Drive'

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Hello and welcome. The jack is under the back seat btw.
                              monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X