• i like my new car

Comment

• Originally posted by Sancho View Post
      i like my new car
      I'll sleep better knowing that
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

• Originally posted by Apache View Post
        The BM's are nice in a blend in with the crowd sorta way, but they are WAAAAY overpriced, and really no better than the equivalent Audi or Merc.

Plus, more importantly, if you go for an Audi or Merc, people wont spit at you so much as they will if you're in the tw*tmobile beemer.
        Edit boy. I know you're all going to shout, but if I was looking at a BM that age, I'd look at an MG ZT-T Diesel. Same engine, half the price.

Comment

Edit boy. I know you're all going to shout, but if I was looking at a BM that age, I'd look at an MG ZT-T Diesel. Same engine, half the price.
          Yeah but MG's tend to blow up at 40k
          Save earth...it's the only planet with chocolate

Comment

• Originally posted by Apache View Post
            The BM's are nice in a blend in with the crowd sorta way, but they are WAAAAY overpriced, and really no better than the equivalent Audi or Merc.

Plus, more importantly, if you go for an Audi or Merc, people wont spit at you so much as they will if you're in the tw*tmobile beemer.

Not looking a beamer cos i want to be with the 'in crowd' - i wouldn't be driving a 13 year old surf if i wanted to be fashionable!

It's not overpriced either - £3495 for a 2002 320 diesel with 79k and full bmw service history

We want a diesel estate and i would prefer the bmw to a mondeo or vectra lol

Have tried the Audi estate as they were first choice but not enough leg room in the back for kids when hubby is in it as he's so tall

Mercs are well overpriced in our area

What other good diesel estates can anyone recommend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trinity View Post
              Yeah but MG's tend to blow up at 40k
              Not true at all, but the common perception, hence the low price. They are an absolute bargain and mine was brilliant (and had 90,000 miles on it with no problems). As I said, it's the exact same engine as the BMW.

Anyway, the BMW sounds like reasonable value to me. I would also look at Audi A6s and VW Passats. An Alfa 156 would be fun.

Comment

• There are two ZTs here at our place one ha 109.000miles and the other 119.000, the only things they have changed are the tyres and exhaust !
                Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

• Originally posted by John h View Post
                  There are two ZTs here at our place one ha 109.000miles and the other 119.000, the only things they have changed are the tyres and exhaust !
                  Maybe i'll give them a look then - i had always heard bad things about them but guess it's a myth!

Guy came to look at the surf this morning - he wanted it but wanted to pay me by Paypal who would charge me about £80 in fees.

He could also be conning me and try to get his money back in a weeks time by lying to paypal the car has faults etc and i could end up losing out so told him cash only.

Dunno if he will come back or not - if he doesn't i assume he was trying to con me

Comment

Anyway, the BMW sounds like reasonable value to me. I would also look at Audi A6s and VW Passats. An Alfa 156 would be fun.
                    Oooh i love alfas but don't they also have a lot of mechanical problems?

Comment

Oooh i love alfas but don't they also have a lot of mechanical problems?
                      Erm.....yeah. If you can find one that's a few years old with history, most of those should have sorted themselves out (i.e. been fixed by the poor bugger that bought it originally) by now.

Whatever you're thinking of, I'd recommend having a look at Honest John as the reviews there are pretty detailed and let you know what to look for:

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm

Comment

Maybe i'll give them a look then - i had always heard bad things about them but guess it's a myth!

Guy came to look at the surf this morning - he wanted it but wanted to pay me by Paypal who would charge me about £80 in fees.

He could also be conning me and try to get his money back in a weeks time by lying to paypal the car has faults etc and i could end up losing out so told him cash only.

Dunno if he will come back or not - if he doesn't i assume he was trying to con me
                        I normally pay by bank transfer as that means you don't need to carry cash around, but it clears quicker than a cheque. You can also put the reg etc in the payment reference so that it's clear who you paid, how much and what for.

Comment

Working...
                        X