Kielder Forest Outing Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kielder Forest Outing Pics

We had a brilliant day out at Kielder yesterday. 12 trucks (mainly Landys) in total plus 3 Forestry Commission support trucks. Lots of roads not normally available to the public. Nice mix of tracks, wet, dry, overgrown and some steep hills!

A little bit costly at £50 but you got a free breakfast and the profits went to the Mountain Rescue Team, so a worthy cause. I thought it was worth the money anyway.

One couple travelled down from Edinburgh as they said green laning was hard in Scotland due to land laws? Should have put them in touch with the Scottish Mud Club! Their day out was marred however when their Landy got stuck in low ratio and wouldn't come out of it. They had to travel back to Edinburgh at around 40mph!

Here's some pics for you perusal. Enjoy!

Forgot to mention a guy was there, with his family, in a '55 reg Landcruiser! Had to give the bloke some respect as he stuck with us until after dinner when we went through some real scratchy stuff, he decided to call it a day then.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Is this the same Scorpion who a year ago wouldn't have dreamed of even getting a bit of tyre tread muddy???

Looks good mate, though the weather looks a bit shoite. Was lovely in the midlands yesterday - and today!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Looks like you all a had a good day out. Can't wait till i get ruck completed and back on road.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        Is this the same Scorpion who a year ago wouldn't have dreamed of even getting a bit of tyre tread muddy???

Looks good mate, though the weather looks a bit shoite. Was lovely in the midlands yesterday - and today!
        It is indeed mate. Learnt there were better reasons to owning a 4x4 than posing! All thanks to this site I may add. I think the only reason I was a bit late joining the 'Mud Club' is that I didn't have anyone to go off roading with! Most of the lads I go out with now are Landy owners but they're a great bunch, very friendly and helpful.

I hasten to add that I was straight to the jet wash today, to get most of the mud off!

Comment

looked v good matey, I wouldnt have been able to join you as I had to take my daughter to my mams as we were going to a wedding.

We will get out sometime tho....

Later

kev

Comment

Some nice Off road Pics.

My memory of Kieldar, dates back to the mid 80's. Fire breathng and flame spitting Group B Rally cars, quattro's, 6R4's 205 T16's plus a host of other stuff from all the other manufacturers.

Rallying now........has become a shadow of it former self. It's only a two horse race, with Ford & Citroen.

What a shame for the true Rally fans out there. It must be bad day when we turn F1, for some excitement.

Comment

No problem Kev. Your new wheels might have taken a hammering yesterday though! Good thing with this outing was they told you when a sticky section was coming up, and gave you an alternative route around it if you didn't fancy getting your vehicle scratched or muddy.

As you can see from the pics I didn't miss any out!

Comment

Good pics- thanks for sharing.

Comment

that looks brilliant and nice truck too! Do they organise it regularly or was it just a one off?

Comment

Originally posted by oneidadan View Post
                    that looks brilliant and nice truck too! Do they organise it regularly or was it just a one off?
                    More details here mate ......

http://www.gton.co.uk/acatalog/Kielder_4x4_Safari.html

Looks like July and September are the next 'all comers' events!

Comment

Got to be more Rally fans on here, than Just me, surely??

Comment

lovely place kielder my first time off roading in my first surf ....

Comment

Working...
                        X