New Alloy Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Alloy Wheels

I am getting a set of alloy wheels for the Surf. I picked them up off eBay. They are 16 x 8" 3-piece split rims. Now I am goint to get the spokes powdercoated in a new color, but the question is what color???

They have a deep chrome/polished rim, but the spokes can be any color the powdercoaters has. I was thinking maybe as colse to body color as I can get? Or gunmetal grey? Silver?

What do ye think...

Suggestions please
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cmar; 4 March 2007, 19:58.

go for the body colour it will look great
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Gunmetal gray or black.

Seem to remember you talking about changing alloys before?? its this your 3rd set ???
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

FISH has done his & they look great
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

They would be pretty cool the same colour as your rig. Gunmetal is also pretty nice. Are you gonna put some new shoes on those feet then?
          Derek :
          1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
          [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
            They would be pretty cool the same colour as your rig. Gunmetal is also pretty nice. Are you gonna put some new shoes on those feet then?
            285/75/16 BFG All Terrain T/A's.

Thats after the RB lift of course!
            The OME stuff is just too dear to get shipped, so I'm goin for a bodylift.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmar
              285/75/16 BFG All Terrain T/A's.

Thats after the RB lift of course!
              The OME stuff is just too dear to get shipped, so I'm goin for a bodylift.
              I think alternative spokes black then yellow would look really pretty when they go round, shame you won't see them.

Black.
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Cmar
                I am getting a set of alloy wheels for the Surf. I picked them up off eBay. They are 16 x 8" 3-piece split rims. Now I am goint to get the spokes powdercoated in a new color, but the question is what color???

They have a deep chrome/polished rim, but the spokes can be any color the powdercoaters has. I was thinking maybe as colse to body color as I can get? Or gunmetal grey? Silver?

What do ye think...

Suggestions please
                I think you should get them done burgundy metallic and give them to me
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

Finally got the alloys powdercoated. I looked at the powder color chart and found a shade amlmost the same as the surf so i asked for that. But unfortunely that powder was special order and is 19 per kg, 10kg minimum order!!! So I went with a mid grey shade the guy had in stock. Not 100% happy with the color but I will reserve judgement until I see one mounted on the surf.

Pics this evening......

Seem to remember you talking about changing alloys before?? its this your 3rd set ???
                  Maurice, I picked up a set of VX alloys cheap, but I found these on eBay. Probably will still get the VX ones coated as well.

Comment

Damn, too late.......ya should have gone with PINK just to be different, if not talked about.

Comment

might need a tad more than 2" lift for the tyres... i had a look and they wouldn't fit as they would have rubbed the front wheel arch when turning... also with my steels, they'd run the top ball joint. (although the steels have less offset than the alloys and i haven't checked them yet!)
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                      X