Saying hi, and thanks for the info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saying hi, and thanks for the info

What a great website. I have learned a vast amount. After hours and hours of reading on this website, I discovered that my 94 auto KZN130 has had the manual radiator put in, and the additional trans cooler was cable tied in under the solid bash plate. There was no electric fan attached, and therefore probably zero airflowover it . Hence there would be no raised eyebrows when I say the trans overtemp light came on after approx 35km with 1300kg in tow. Anyway, I have relocated the cooler to just behind the front bumper where there is room, and airflow, and am currently looking to fit an electric fan to improve the cooling effect at low speed. I think I'll enquire about fitting a trans temp gauge. I'm still a little unsure about the auto radiator cooler, whether I should find an auto radiator, and get it modifed to ensure the radiator water pipe is clear, and have both coolers, or whether to stick with the manual radiator and just use the additional cooler. How quick does the trans get up to operating temperature? I did read that the radiator cooler would help in raising the trans temp, as well as controlling excessive temperatures. Is it possible to cool the trans too much by not having the radiator cooler?? Once again, great website, am recommending everyone I know with a surf to add it to their favourites menu. Cheers. Mark.

welcome

Comment

Hi and welcome, you seem to sound like you know what you're doing!
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Hi an welcome
        How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Hi and welcome to the nuthouse

Make yourself at home and feel free to join in the banter

Beware the Yeti (biohazard) he speaks with poisoned bum !

Trev
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Hi n Welcome Bud... Glad we could be of help that's what we're for !!!!

There's always a Payback .... It'll always take longer than five minutes !!!!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
            X