Tyres - what to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyres - what to buy?

Has anyone tried Maxxis AT tyres? My father-in-law works for a haulage company and he says he can get me 5 tyres (yes my spare is knackered too) for £317.50. Just wondered if anyone had tried them and what they were like?

From roughtrax I quite fancied trying the General Grabber tyres - £402.50 or maybe even the Falken tyres - £367.71, or even cheaper again the Enduro tyres - £316.25 (all incl. delivery) until he mentioned these Maxxis ones.

I currently have (worn out) BF Goodrich but they're a bit pricey for me at the moment.

Any advice/recomendations from the above? Is there really much difference in quality/wear?

some on here have been running the maxis mudzillias without too much bother
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Just looking on maxxis' website. I can only see mudzilla's in the ATV/quad bike section, they look pretty extreme! I guess there must be another mudzilla for trucks but I can't see it on their website. I guess it's more of a MT tyre than an AT tyre though is it?

Comment

Originally posted by iggypop View Post
        Has anyone tried Maxxis AT tyres? My father-in-law works for a haulage company and he says he can get me 5 tyres (yes my spare is knackered too) for £317.50. Just wondered if anyone had tried them and what they were like?

From roughtrax I quite fancied trying the General Grabber tyres - £402.50 or maybe even the Falken tyres - £367.71, or even cheaper again the Enduro tyres - £316.25 (all incl. delivery) until he mentioned these Maxxis ones.

I currently have (worn out) BF Goodrich but they're a bit pricey for me at the moment.

Any advice/recomendations from the above? Is there really much difference in quality/wear?

Nice price, but what size?
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

have you had a look on this site good site i got my wheels and tyres from here. i got the recip remoulds and those lovely white steel sheels. as i wont be doing over 70mph not a problem. the Maxxis are the same spec i think speed Q think it less than 80mph?? & load 109

http://www.4x4tyres.com/
          http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Size 31 x 10.5 x R15

I'll have a look at that site.

Comment

Try camskill normally cheapest for 4x4 tyres.

GG last a long time
              Brian

Comment

Just looking on maxxis' website. I can only see mudzilla's in the ATV/quad bike section, they look pretty extreme! I guess there must be another mudzilla for trucks but I can't see it on their website. I guess it's more of a MT tyre than an AT tyre though is it?
                Just for reference.......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/31-11-50-x16-M...1%7C240%3A1318
                ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

I might get the general grabber then...... aah decisions decisions. The 4x4 tyres website seems ok, but some on there are cheaper at roughtrax - general grabber for one. Not sure about remoulds. I'll have a look at camskill.

Comment

Sorted, for 5 tyres incl. delivery - Camskill had the General Grabber ones (which I was tempted to try anyway) for £21.75 cheaper than Roughtrax, so it was a done deal.

Thanks Yoshie/everyone

Comment

Good deal there mate....................and yoshie never beat anyone up !!
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Yeah not too bad, I meant to say the price £380.75. Not too bad at all for a pretty good tyre I'm led to believe.

Comment

I cant remember which memeber on here has/had GG's but they were very pleasedwith their performance

As an aside my 33.12.50.15 KL71's have done over 64000 MILES (not km's) and that from a mud tyre,so with careful rotation etc you should see loads of miles off those,and i belive they are not a directional tyre, so you wont have to turn them on the rims

good luck squire
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Right you are, cheers for the advice.

Rotation? As in switch back to front as and when wear starts to show, or is there a better way?

Comment

Right you are, cheers for the advice.

Rotation? As in switch back to front as and when wear starts to show, or is there a better way?
                              Rotate all 5 tyres clockwise (or anti-clockwise, so long as you always go the same way) every month or so, more if you do lots of miles.
                              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                              X